Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (411-420):
WendyJR
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
My ds (4) loves to cook or at least help me cook. So I have found that he eats better when he helps to make meals. I have him add veggies to my pan, help me spin the salad, mix things etc. he loves to help. For my dd (1 1/2) I find that if vegetables are in fun shapes and bright colors she's more likely to eat them. Also adding small amounts of sauces or dressing for dipping helps them eat as more vegetables too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinMYtwins07
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Steamed cauliflower is blended into mashed potatos. All 3 of my kids love brocolli, green beans and peas. We also have a rule where they have to take a no thank you bite of all veggies. We also do veggie and fruit pizza :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaBandy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM

My son's a "dipper" if you put any kind of sauce for him to dip his veggies in he will eat them but he's not really a picky eater he pretty much eat anything you put in front of him =)

Karafox
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Soup!! I cut up as many veggies as I can and add chicken stock and some form of tomato and my 2 year old will eat it up!
Watching me eat raw veggies spikes his curiosity too. Even if he takes a bite and spits it out one day, I offer another day and he might eat the whole thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjb949
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM
By making them more available at meal and snack times.
blessed2times
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM
I'll serve more veggies and less starch with dinner!
Jules_
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM
We have veggies at every meal and we call them growing foods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willsmommy2011
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I add them to pasta or rice the kiddos love it !

KristiBeth8811
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I eat them too.. and say yumm and MMM and smile! She loves veggies!

bertie4
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I took the pledge more for grandkids than kids. My children are grown but we have never had a problem with them eating vegetables. (Thank God) I bought brussel sprouts with my coupon. Yea, that's right brussel sprouts. My husband and I love them. I have one son that doesn't like them but the rest like them. We try vegetables on the grill also. They are always better on the grill!  I really was tickled to receive the coupon. The pledge has made me more aware of being sure to get those vegetables in those grandkids when they are at our house. My children love broccoli. Growing up the babysitter had a garden where the kids would go out eat broccoli out of the garden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN