Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (431-440):
jussy11
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Make eating veggies fun again!!
Cafe Amy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Will make sure to offer veggies every night at dinner!
Malee1976
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I have 3 girls and I let them take turns on picking what veggies we eat!  It makes them feel like they have some say in what they eat!!!!

AprilC35
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM

i started them young....as long as they arent cooked, my girls will DEVOUR any veggie you put in front of them raw....they adore when I make veggie trays for parties with green and red peppers, baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower...they love love love corn on the cob...I dont have any issues with getting them to eat veggies unless theyre cooked.

blue_lagoon
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM

My son is not overly picky. He loves  most veggies. And yes, I know Im very lucky.

dusky_rose
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM

The only veggies my youngest son will eat are in spaghetti (tomatoes and mushrooms) and lasagna and in chicken noodle soup. He is soooo picky! I just keep offering them to him hoping one day he will decide that they aren't so bad.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

bmom7210
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM
My ds loves veggies. Not a problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvergreenMama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Just have them on her plate! My DD is still little, and loves just about any veggie, to the exclusion of almost anything else. Give her frozen peas and that's all she'll eat lol.

timon95
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I just serve it with their meal. My kids enjoy eating fruits and veggies. they are not fans of them all, but they still do a good job eating a variety.

TonyaLea
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Adding an extra veggie into each dinner and lunch eaten at home!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN