Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (461-470):
k_hall1784
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Honestly, I don't have to do much. My kids love veggies. 

lathomas0130
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:18 AM

My family eats a fits full of green, fruit and protein for dinner everyday with 2 parts juice one part water(hopefully this last for a good while,lol very cost efficient)

Madelaine
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Mixing them in other foods...

Madelaine
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Always including a veggie at every meal.

4kidz916
by Healthiest Mom! on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM

My kids have grown up eating a variety of veggies so it's not a big struggle for me. 

4kidz916
by Healthiest Mom! on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I serve a lot of spinach salads with our meals so that's a great way to get in some extra green veggies for them. 

cowgirls10181
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM
They are simple do you have a food processer? Put a mixture of mild flavored vegies in it, and add thm to anything!

Quoting BabyTeki:

Wow that's crazy. I need to learn your tricks for my DH as much as my kids

Quoting cowgirls10181:

My kids have no issue eating veggies now, but in the begining it was difficult. SO we had (Green, purree green beans) Green mack and cheese! They love it still. In chillie I use V-8 which fills it full of veggies! All broth is v-8 or store equalivant. Meatloaf, has smashed veggis. Cabbage chopped up small, them simmered in soups it actually breaks apart and thickens the soup some, they never notice, the same with celery, onions, and many more vegies!

I"m a creative cook when it comes to hiding vegies for the kids to eat! One of our favorites is green squash in our brownies!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicky2911
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I tend to throw things in eggs and add cheese... my dd seems willing to eat anything if it has a little cheese.

ShailaMathias
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM
i'm making veggie kabobs tonight
Pooobaihr
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I don't have to get them to do anything. :D they like them because I buy them. yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)