Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (491-500):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM

My kid like many veggies and we've always just made them a part of our daily life.  We eat usually 2 servings of fruit and 2-3 servings of veggies minimum every day.

la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I add spices to them and add them to meals.

For example, my kid's love roasted broccoli and green beans with garlic on them.

kjb949
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM
By making them more available at meal and snack times.
NearSeattleMom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I offer them both raw and cooked vegetables . . . some like them raw, some prefer them cooked.

NearSeattleMom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM
I offer both raw and cooked vegetables as often as possible.
6AM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I don't really have to get her to eat vegetables she always wanted to. She loves raw carrots. I have had trouble getting her to eat lettuce but I find if you mix it with fennel which tastes like black licorice she eats it right up. :)

elasmimi
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I am so fortunate, she loves most veggies! One particular favorite (of the whole family) are the frozen carrots in honey glaze.

VegasCass
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Growing our own garden makes my daughter super excited to eat what veggies we grow! She learned to love red bell peppers and zuchinni this summer!! :) Shes 5.

zippymommy0589
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I hide it in my caseroles! My son loves it when I do that or put it in a breakfast dish that he didnt know of <3

Young_Hot_Mamma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM

We have never had any issues with the kids eating veggies. They love all kinds of veggies. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN