Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (51-60):
CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I plan to offer more of a variety and get everyone to try new veggies!!
Rhiannon1980
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
In all honsty I don't have to get my child to eat them. He loves them. He will pick them over candy any day. He is 2 1/2 years old. His favorite is green beans and carrots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedToBeMe
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add veggies with lunch, have meatless meals twice a week & find green smoothie recipes
dstoutholcomb
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

just serve them--put them on the table. lead by example

dstoutholcomb
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I serve them all the time

new_mom808
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM

We started very young, by making his baby food, we could expose DS to all sorts of different veggies at a young age. By a year old he was eating parsnips and beets.
Now, he is more apt to try vegetables that he helps pick out and prepare with me.

BabyBumbleBee
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM
We are switching out the chips and crackers for fruits and veggies! And more veggies at dinner time! It's time to take back our health!
Melissabear3
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I let my kids pick the fruits and veggies we are going to serve with our meal and they help pick them at the store or farmers market. We also have a small garden and they picked what to plant and they eat it.

carolina_gal
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I make sure our veggies are prepared correctly with great seasoning.

christi34
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I try to cook my vegetables in different ways, I've been chopped them up so fine that the kids weren't able to see exactly what they were eating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN