Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (631-640):
rfurlongg
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

my kids love a fruit and veggie salad. Their current favorite is baby spinach, strawberries, and honey almonds. 

We also make smoothies regularly and ALL our smoothies have spinach and kale as an ingredient. 

fantasticfour
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM

We have vegetables with every meal.  They have to eat them.  If we notice that they are getting "full" before the vegetables were eaten, that's what they got first.

Goobie_91610
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I feed my DD those squeezie organic fruit pouches and I buy the ones with veggies in them, like carrots, sweet potato, squash... lol works like a charm :) 

tazmidgiefairy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM
They love some others I blend in pasta sauce or in meatloaf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I take them to the store,  into the vegies section and ask what they would llike to me to buy.  Then we place a few in a bag, and at home I would cut some up into bite sizes and place on a plate with their favorite dipping sauce.  Sometimes they eat them with no sauce and other times they eat with the sauce.   

I also let them have a tea party and place veggies, crackers and cheese, on their plate with some milk.  Or if it's a cold day let them have some real tea,. 

brieri
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I buy also  steamer veggies and they have those with dinner.  Sometimes separate and others I place right into the meal.

KamsOne
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM

My daughter is super picky so it's a struggle to get her to eat a wide variety of veggies.  But she will eat raw veggies so I always try to make sure we have some veggies for her to pick at during dinner such as carrots or cucumbers.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I add baby food veggies into his applesauce!  Works out well!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Sweet potatoes and peas are his favorites!

Larsbug
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Both my husband and my oldest son ( 3 1/2) I have a REALLY hard time getting to eat vegetables so I hide them in sauces. The two things they NEVER notice in sauces are cauliflower (pureed) and carrots (pureed).  Other than that I can really only get DS1 and DH to eat peas and corn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)