Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (671-680):
DebnDrew
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I own a daycare center and routinely struggle with kids not eating veggies. My husband (our cook) and I have built receipes that integrate chapped or pureed artichoke and brussel sprouts in our putanesco sauces, and pizza sauces. We chop up olives, corn and carrot to mix into our bean sauce on our taco pizza and mash parsnip and cauliflower into our cheesy mashed potatoes. Whatever we can do to get them to eat it, we will!

DebnDrew
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I own a daycare center and routinely struggle with kids not eating veggies. My husband (our cook) and I have built receipes that integrate chapped or pureed artichoke and brussel sprouts in our putanesco sauces, and pizza sauces. We chop up olives, corn and carrot to mix into our bean sauce on our taco pizza and mash parsnip and cauliflower into our cheesy mashed potatoes. Whatever we can do to get them to eat it, we will!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I offer them at every meal and also hide them in food too!
DOMTITI
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:09 PM
My children LOVE veggies! They have always been offered to them. I make smoothies with carrot, tomatoe juices, sweet Potatoe fries, mashed sweet potatoes, breaded asparagus and green beans. I also make veggies appealing to the eyes. I also make dips for the fresh veggies!
DixieL
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM

My son is grown now, but he has always been a very picky eater. The only vegetables, I could ever get him to eat, is if I made salad a certain way. He likes raw carrots and celery. He loves alfafa sprouts, and he also loves artichokes. In the last year, he has started loving mushrooms, and canned corn. That's all he will eat or try to eat.

NatalieMH
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I hide them in my 2and 5 year olds food. I also hide them in my 38 year old husbands food.
AmosFarkle
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I've never had problems with my kids eating veggies...they love them!  All I have to do is season them correctly, and I find using chicken broth is good for most everything.

DCR1
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Add more flavour to them, example for carrots, add a little cinnamon, for corn, add a little butter or margerine, for broccoli and cauliflower cheesewhiz is the name of the game, for spinach or greens, add bacon bits and a little flavour enhancer.also, some veggies can be mixed with stewed tomatoes, onions, or both.String beans like butter or margrine as well, peas love having onions butter or margrine as a complimentary taste enhacer, as does beets. 

musicpisces
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Luckily, DS loves most veggies. I'll offer a few different ones for most meals, and he can eat what he's in the mood for that day. I also sneak them into different foods via purees that I make. He loves almost anything he can dip, so by making it fun, he'll eat most veggies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katieGrace
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM
If you think your kids aren't eating enough vegetables is easy to them in a family favorite. When i make chili now i throw in a can of tomatoes, a long with a can of corn and some beans and they cannot even tell they're eating healthy!

Alsoif they want seconds of something they know they don't get it unless they've finished their fruits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)