Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Body Building Moms

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

I've always loved cardio but  in the past few months I have put a lot of focus on weights and body building.  I wish I had discovered my love for it ten years ago!!!  Just putting it out there and wondering if anyone else is building their bodies. 

also I am more interested in health discussions with people who are not fad dieting, and wondering what is working for you and building your fabulous muscles!!!!  I was in the poor house for a couple of months here and ate a TON of hard boiled eggs.  Since I gave up gluten due to extreme food allergies two months ago, my body has transformed itself into something that looks much younger and brighter than I ever could have dreamed.  Times are better and I can buy some supplements now;  what kinds are you using and why?

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happy2bmom25
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
We only use probiotics and fish oil. Probiotics for better gut health and the fish oil because I believe that humans were mrant to eat fresh fish fairly frequently. Congrats on your new found health!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2bmom25
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM
We only use probiotics and fish oil. Probiotics for better gut health and the fish oil because I believe that humans were mrant to eat fresh fish fairly frequently. Congrats on your new found health!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alc4evermom
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM

haha that's cool I've always got the freeze dried probiotic supplements but I should actually start taking them now that you mention it

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a body builder (or fad dieter). 

Welcome to the group!

Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I drink allot of green smoothies (kale, banana, spirulina or whey or glutamate, etc) and juice.  I wouldn't say i was into body building, however i do want to look toned and not flabby.  I also try and eat plenty of raw foods.  My hubby is the vitamin and supplement guru, so i pretty much take what he buys or suggest i take.  He has about a $300 a month vitamin and supplement habit.  LOL

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm not a body builder (or fad dieter). 

Welcome to the group!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. I just started weight training and love it. I also don't fad diet. I eat real food and workout. I just started body pump and really like it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ellehcimyelhsa
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I'm doing a hybrid program with TurboFire (cardio) and ChaLEAN Extreme (heavy weights). I love strength training! I take a probiotic and prenatal vitamin. That's it for now because I'm breastfeeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I'm not a body builder or a fad dieter!

Welcome to the group!

mp3mom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Welcome! I did cross-trainig for years; I love it! I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/fitness-get-started/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)