Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Challenge: Raise Awareness about Breast Cancer - Win a Prize!!

Posted by   + Show Post

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Let's help raise awareness on CafeMom by creating one long thread dedicated to Breast Cancer.

Reply to this post with ribbons, symbols, info, stories, logos, links, bumps and any thoughts that you'd like to share.

pink ribbonThree moms who reply to this post during the month of October will WIN a CafeMom tote bag.

For more Information on Breast Cancer:
http://www.breastcancer.org/
http://www.bcsupport.org/
http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastCancer/index
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/breast

Giveaway rules:

• The Raise Awareness about Breast Cancer Giveaway starts 10/2/12 at 7pm (ET) and ends 10/31/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
monica1830
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

speakin of breast cancer awareness there is  a boy who dyied his hair pink n shaved is head to have a ribbon in his hair for breast he got told he couldnt be on the basketball ball team cuz of his hair n he was showin suport for his mom now everyone in the town im from is showin support

bertie4
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

pink ribbon

cleanaturalady
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:42 AM

pink ribbon

mommieof1b4g
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM

my mom found a lump in her right breast when i was younger. thank god it was noncancerous but it scared us still. she had it removed & that i know of has not had anymore problems.

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I may find out this month if I have breast cancer. 

Tiffytifftiff
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM

This month I'mcelebrating to remember the life of my grandmother and mother who lost there battle to breast cancer, 3 yrs and a week from each other.I was 15 when my mom passed away and 18 when my grandmother passed on.  And to celebrate my mother in law who is a survivor. For their courage and all others who are going threw this i got a tattoo of a dolphin jumping threw a Breast Cancer Ribbon.

sokkrmomof2
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Raise Awareness from Jan to Dec.  My gram died in 82 and my mom and aunt have since.  Breast cancer is ugly and needs a cure today.   Living to live again!

Jaysgal426
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM

For me Breast Cancer wasn't something I was really concerned about even after I found out my sister in law had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer right after she gave birth to her daughter.  My sister in law was healthy and actively seeking out ways to take care of herself. However, survivor takes on a whole nother term in my life now. My sister in law beat breast cancer once. The second time it came back it wasn't even in her breasts, by the time they had figured out what was causing her to feel unhealthy (she was complaining of shortness of breath) she had stage four breast cancer that had metastasized to her spine, liver and brain. This October will be the second anniversary of her death. The survivors, her husband and eight year old daughter. Sometimes it's not the people who are diagnosed with cancer that are survivors. Sometimes it's the friends and family who survive, and through continued efforts reach out to the public that despite the cute pink ribbons, breast cancer is serious and the public needs to work harder to diagnose, treat and eventually find a cure for the disease.

matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM

pink ribbon

matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM

October Cause: Breast Cancer Awareness
Benefits: American Cancer Society
Fragrances: Sugar Kisses and Pixie Promise
Color: Pink
NOTE: $ 19.95
$4.00 fro m the sale of each candle will be donated.
Order information:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN