Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

My dentist wants my 3 yo and 5 yo to have fluoride tablets.  I am hesitant because their are thyroid issues in my immediate family.  I have read fluoride toxicity can increase the chances of hypothyroidism.  Our water isn't treated with Fluoride and I keep hearing about more town taking it out of the water.  What do you ladies think??

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Replies (21-23):
bhwrn1
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:41 AM

I just do the treatment at the dentist office. I do not give them vitamins with flouride, they won't take them anyway b/c they don't think they taste good. They brush with flouride toothpaste and our water is treated as far as I know.

Quoting cmorris1200:

Our town doesn't treat for fluoride.  I would rather do a rinse but the dentist wants the supplement for the kids permanent teeth.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

I would do some research on that.  Do you drink well water or something?  They should be getting enough flouride just from tap water and flouride toothpaste alone. 

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM

We don't do flouride here.  

It's not necessary.

fullxbusymom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Thank goodness our water is treated I don't have to worry about it, but I would do tablets I find it extremely important. Honestly though I would ask your kids pediatrician what they think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)