Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

October Food Challenge

Posted by   + Show Post

So because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the September workout challenge. It really  made me focus and put forth more effort. So I decided to try a food challenge this month. Anyone that is inerested can join. Just keep us updated on your success and challenges on the road to being healthy. Here are the rules. 

1. No white sugar or substitutes. (now i know how hard it is to give up   

sweets  so I am going to use natural sweeteners: Honey,                    and Natural  Maple syrup.

2. No white bread. Sub with whole wheat products.

3. Eat breakfast everyday.(I have a tendency to skip this meal and if I plan                 to do the October Workout Challenge I need to have the             energy)

4. Have 4-5 servings of fruit and vegetables a day.

5. Drink 64 oz of water.

6. Eat lean meats:  fish, seafood, chicken, turkey, lean pork.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Replies (11-16):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Good luck mama!

FrugalFairy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I hope I'm not out of line for offering a critique... between the bran muffin, the sugar in the figs and smoothie ingredients, that's a lot of carbs/sugars in one day. It's going to mess with your blood sugar and triglycerides unless you up your protein to balance it out. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:35 AM

That sounds like a great challange.  I don't typically eat breakfast though, i only eat when i'm  hungry.  I'd probably add "no wheat" after reading the Wheat Belly interview that was posted here in this group.

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Good luck!

tngirl06
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:12 AM

You are not out of line. but i feel that there are "good" carbs and "bad " carbs. right now i am focusing on getting rid of "bad" carbs. if you look at my rules for this challenge you will see i am focusing on cutting out "bad" carbs this month.      If this goes well i will focus on lowering total carb intake. Plus we are ttc so i want to consume as many nuitrient dense foods as posible.

Examples of BAD- white sugar, white flour products, white                 potatoes

Examples of GOOD- fruit, vegetables, whole grain products

mp3mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Sounds...challenging, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)