Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What's going on this weekend ladies?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Enjoy your time with him!!

Quoting reneawesley:

Baseball game and spending time with hubby. He's having to travel to New Orleans for pretty much all of October and we only see him on the weekends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Pumpkin patch sounds fun!

My 2 yr had a high fever starting Wednesday. The dr (on thurs) said its a virus; no ear infections, sinus trouble, congestion, nothing!

Thursday night the congestion & cough came. Dh took him back to dr today (fri) and now he has an ear infection! Plus the cough & stuffy nose. He keeps telling me, "nose break-in." LOL

Quoting shilohkitten:

Hi, we are taking DS to the pumpkin patch tomorrow!!!!  I am so excited, it's a great chance to get outdoors and spend some time walking in a giant pumpkin patch as a family.  We always get the wagon and pull it around so that's a workout too, disguised as fun!  Plus the whole schlepping pumpkins around is really good exercise. 

We are also going to fix the lawn mower and get to work mowing, mulching, bagging the yard waste and raking out the dead foliage from the gardens.  Our plan is to rake them all out and get rid of the dead stuff early on so that it'll be easier to suck out the leaves later on.  Then in the spring they'll be nice and clean and ready for planting.  This will be a project that will take a few hours (big yard with a ton of trees, we are already covered in leaves), so a lot of exercise for that too!  Most likely we'll do a crock pot on Sunday and spend most of our time in the yard.  

Sooo that's it for us...tonight we were hoping to go out and get a couple of drinks, but then last night DS was up all night with an ear infection so we will be staying in tonight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM
That sounds busy but fun!

Quoting balagan_imma:

DD's bat mitzvah is tomorrow, so we are doing that. And then we are having a concert in her honor Saturday evening. It's an awesome local all vocal rock band.

Tonight we are having family and friends for shabbat dinner. Sunday we are doing a lot of nothing. DD will be writing thank you notes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Happy birthday!

Quoting Alyson121:

One of my girls is having a birthday. I'm trying to put myself in the birthday mood.  She'll be 7 on Monday so i'm babking a cake this week-end and decorating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Thank you

Quoting mypbandj:

Happy birthday!

Quoting Alyson121:

One of my girls is having a birthday. I'm trying to put myself in the birthday mood.  She'll be 7 on Monday so i'm babking a cake this week-end and decorating.

LindaClement
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Putting food up...

Pickling onions and making caponata... maybe some blackberry jam...

shilohkitten
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Oh poor LO, hope he feels better soon!  Dr gave us drops and amoxicillin last night and told us to give him ibuprofen on top of that so I hope he will feel ok to go to the patch still.

The dr told us its pretty easy for it to morph into an ear infection when they get colds like that, and that it happens to us as adults all the time but it doesn't bother us.

Quoting mypbandj:

Pumpkin patch sounds fun!

My 2 yr had a high fever starting Wednesday. The dr (on thurs) said its a virus; no ear infections, sinus trouble, congestion, nothing!

Thursday night the congestion & cough came. Dh took him back to dr today (fri) and now he has an ear infection! Plus the cough & stuffy nose. He keeps telling me, "nose break-in." LOL

Quoting shilohkitten:

Hi, we are taking DS to the pumpkin patch tomorrow!!!!  I am so excited, it's a great chance to get outdoors and spend some time walking in a giant pumpkin patch as a family.  We always get the wagon and pull it around so that's a workout too, disguised as fun!  Plus the whole schlepping pumpkins around is really good exercise. 

We are also going to fix the lawn mower and get to work mowing, mulching, bagging the yard waste and raking out the dead foliage from the gardens.  Our plan is to rake them all out and get rid of the dead stuff early on so that it'll be easier to suck out the leaves later on.  Then in the spring they'll be nice and clean and ready for planting.  This will be a project that will take a few hours (big yard with a ton of trees, we are already covered in leaves), so a lot of exercise for that too!  Most likely we'll do a crock pot on Sunday and spend most of our time in the yard.  

Sooo that's it for us...tonight we were hoping to go out and get a couple of drinks, but then last night DS was up all night with an ear infection so we will be staying in tonight.

jhslove
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM

My daughter is napping right now, but when she wakes up we're going to put her in her stroller and take her for a long walk. We live in a beautiful area for walking and it's a gorgeous fall day, and this is one of our favorite ways to get some exercise while spending time together. Plus, there are a lot of hills, so with pushing a 25-pound baby in her stroller, it actually is a decent workout.   :)

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM
We were supposed to have a family day but DS picked up a cold. Lounging right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

We are kid free! It's our anniversary so my parents took them. We are just relaxing, watching some movies, doing some errands and going out to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN