Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Strict diet during yeast infection?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have any of you ever followed a different diet during a yeast infection?

I have one and am wondering if my diet (vegan) is okay.  Like, I don't eat a huge amount of sugar, or packaged foods.  I make pretty much everything from scratch.  

Do I need to alter my diet until this clears up or am I fine to continue with my regular diet?

From what I was reading a Candida diet isn't very healthy at all.  So I'd really prefer to avoid it.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I'm not vegan so I'm not sure what you can do to change your diet while recovering from yeast.  For me, when I had one (my first and only) last year, I just made sure to eat plenty of yogurt and take acidophillis to help fight the infection.

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Right.

There is this ridiculous list of foods you should avoid and I don't know how anyone could survive eating that way.  

Which was why I was asking if others had ever restricted their diets.  This is only my second one ever so I'm not really sure.  When I had my first my doctor didn't mention restricting any foods, at least not that I can remember, it's been like 5 years.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm not vegan so I'm not sure what you can do to change your diet while recovering from yeast.  For me, when I had one (my first and only) last year, I just made sure to eat plenty of yogurt and take acidophillis to help fight the infection.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

lovemymarine18
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I only heard to reduce sugar and caffiene. I haven't changed anything when I've had them, and they've cleared up with the meds quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaistheword87
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

cut gluten, sugar and wine.  all contribute to yeast growth.

take a probiotic (coconut oil is good)

mp3mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I've heard horrifying things about yeast. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=yeast+infection+diet

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

You have an extremely healthy diet Sabrina...I can't imagine it being any better to be honest.  Hugs mama and hope you feel better!

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks

Quoting mp3mom:

I've heard horrifying things about yeast. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=yeast+infection+diet

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Thanks. :-)

I think I'm just going to eat as usual.  

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You have an extremely healthy diet Sabrina...I can't imagine it being any better to be honest.  Hugs mama and hope you feel better!

mp3mom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I hope you're better soon!

reneawesley
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Quoting darbyakeep45:

This is exactly what I thought.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)