Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Strict diet during yeast infection?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have any of you ever followed a different diet during a yeast infection?

I have one and am wondering if my diet (vegan) is okay.  Like, I don't eat a huge amount of sugar, or packaged foods.  I make pretty much everything from scratch.  

Do I need to alter my diet until this clears up or am I fine to continue with my regular diet?

From what I was reading a Candida diet isn't very healthy at all.  So I'd really prefer to avoid it.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Thanks ladies :-)

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM
What are you doing to get rid of it? Meds, natural? Do you take a probiotic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I got some OTC stuff but hadn't used it yet.  

Yesterday was bad but today I'm doing better so I'm wondering if there is a chance it'll clear up on it's own?  I just recently started taking my vitamins again so perhaps the increase in Vit. C is helping?

I don't take probiotics.

Quoting e-doolittle:

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hmm...this is a good question. I've never changed my diet up b/c of yeast infection.

matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Can you do coconut or soy yogurt with active cultures or take acidophilus?  Yeast infections and UTI's are usually brought about by a change in ph that makes the body susceptible to infection so I wouldn't do any drastic changes.

matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I had one once and I thought it would just go away on its own, not trying any OTC or home remedies. It only got worse and I had to go to my midwife for meds.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Yesterday was bad but today I'm doing better so I'm wondering if there is a chance it'll clear up on it's own?  I just recently started taking my vitamins again so perhaps the increase in Vit. C is helping?

I don't take probiotics.

Quoting e-doolittle:

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I'll probably start the meds tonight.

Quoting matreshka:

I had one once and I thought it would just go away on its own, not trying any OTC or home remedies. It only got worse and I had to go to my midwife for meds.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I don't take probiotics.

Quoting e-doolittle:

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM

You know, I just bought yogurt for the kids lunches and didn't even think to grab some for myself! Doh!

I know what causes it, thanks though :-)

Quoting matreshka:

Can you do coconut or soy yogurt with active cultures or take acidophilus?  Yeast infections and UTI's are usually brought about by a change in ph that makes the body susceptible to infection so I wouldn't do any drastic changes.

cleanaturalady
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I have done the candida diet and I thought it was helpful for me.  However, I couldn't keep it up long term. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

In my experience, they don't go away on their own.  If you want a more natural way than OTC meds, you can string/thread a fresh garlic clove and insert like the OTC meds.   I would recommend adding  a probiotic at least for a week or two after the symptoms dissipate.  

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I don't take probiotics.

Quoting e-doolittle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN