A lot of women approach 40 (or, hell, even 30) with doomsday dread. And part of that dread is the I'm no longer the hot girl in the room feeling. When we're in our teens and 20s, it's par for the course to get testosterone-laden stares, grunting mating calls, and guys wagging their tongues at us out their car windows. And though we all profess to hate all of that male attention when we're dealing with it, it's a different story when we hit middle age. Now it's, Where'd all that go? It was here yesterday. Now guys are leering at the younger girl nearby and, damn, she's not even that pretty. Harumph! Well, count Cameron Diaz out of this pity party. She just turned 40 and is loving every second of it. And I believe her because I don't miss my leered-at 20s either! Seriously.

Cam told Esquire magazine:

For the first time in my life I’m content. I’m so excited. Getting older is the best part of life. Like, I know more than I’ve ever known. I have gratitude. I know myself better. I feel more capable than ever. And as far as the physicality of it, I feel better at 40 than I did at 25.

I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo, because I literally hide photos of me in my 20s. And it's not just because of my bad hair. I genuinely think I look better now. Back then, my face was still puffy with baby fat, I hadn't yet learned to tweeze my brows, and it was a horror show, lemme tell you. Did guys hit on me? Of course. That's what guys do. They hit on young women. They don't care about your bad hair and bushy brows.

Don't get me wrong, I still get the occasional desperado who hollers "baaaaabyyyy" from his passing vehicle (why do guys think this is a good opener?). But it's nothing like it was and all I can say is, Whew. The fact is, 99 percent of the dudes hitting on us in our 20s we weren't interested in anyway, so why should we miss it?

As for physicality, I'm in much better shape now. Thank you, gym. I finally have definition in my stomach and my ass is about an inch higher than it used to be (thank you, step class). No excuse for not working out, ladies. If you can find an hour to watch Teen Mom, you can find an hour to get on the treadmill. Or do it in front of Teen Mom!

I wouldn't say I'm exactly eager to head into old age. There is that whole death thing to contend with. And, yeah, maybe I will look back at some point and miss those guys wagging their tongues at me. But right now I'm totally agreeing with Cameron. Older is better.

Do you miss your 20s? Do you look and feel better now?