Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Hi everyone,

I wanted to join this group because health is becoming very important to me and my family.  We are trying to live healthier despite both DH and I working full time and being tired when we get home...we have already stopped eating meat so much and done a couple of months vegan (now we aren't vegan anymore but I still don't like to cook meat, so I usually don't).  I love to eat veggies and am trying to get my family on the bandwagon.  I am also trying to get us to exercise more - my husband hates it and DS loves it so I try to get us all out there together playing soccer in the backyard or going for walks, etc.  It's going to be difficult when it's cold but I will still try to get us outside being active.  

We recently started taking daily vitamins and paying a lot more attention to what we are eating/drinking, and I have noticed good results!  I still need to get off the sugar train with my morning coffee etc but we have stopped eating sweets at home for the most part.  I plan to give the rest of the candy in the house out for Halloween, and then I'm done bringing it in the house.  Seeing as DH and DS don't shop, that will make it a lot easier to keep our consumption down.

I am teaching DH to eat healthy as he didn't grow up like that and I started DS out on healthy food so he chooses fruits and veggies as snacks all on his own!  I'm very proud of him.

We are 27 (me), 30 (DH) and 3 (DS).  I want to get back to my high school jeans!!!

Nice to meet all of you!!!

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-15):
SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

:-)  If you ever have any questions or anything, feel free to message me :-)

Quoting shilohkitten:

That is really inspiring to hear!  

Quoting SabrinaLC:

My oldest started off eating meat.  We didn't switch until my middle son was 3 months old.  So he has really only had dairy and eggs.  My youngest has alwasy been vegan.  The transition was hard for my oldest but he's doing better now.

Quoting shilohkitten:

I love that your husband and kids also are willing to do that, have you always raised your boys vegan?  DS had a hard time with it (but that's because he started out eating chicken nuggets and meat and didn't do very well with tofu).  DH had a very hard time transitioning off of meat and dairy...he didn't realize how much of it he was eating before he started trying to substitute other things.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Welcome to the group!

My name is Sabrina, I eat a vegan diet.  My husband and three boys also eat this way.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

bhwrn1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Welcome!

cleanaturalady
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM

WElcome to the group.

CrazedMomof2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Welcome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shilohkitten
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Thank you everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)