Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Gallbladder attacks suck!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
  • 34 Replies
I'm in so much pain right now!! I am just kind of rocking back and forth and waiting for it to pass. I k ow I will eventually need surgery, just waiting for insurance to kick in :(. I made the mistake of eating pasta with Alfredo sauce 2 days in a row and now I'm paying big time. Uuuuuuugh. I took a 600 mg ibuprophin but it's doing nothing. If it doesn't go away in a couple of hours I will have to go in a get checked out but for now I'm trying to occupy my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Hugs mama!  Hope you feel better!

norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Thanks, it's just awful. The pain is comparable to labor :(. I had 13 attacks the 6 months after ds was born but since changing my diet I've not had one until day before yesterday and today. I'm going to be living on tea, water and apple sauce for the next couple of days to make sure I don't get another .

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  Hope you feel better!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Good luck.  I suffered attacks for a year before going to the doc and finding out what was wrong.  

norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Did you have it removed?

Quoting JTROX:

Good luck.  I suffered attacks for a year before going to the doc and finding out what was wrong.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Yes, by the time I went to see doc, I was turning yellow from it, and they put me right in the hospital.

Mine was waking me up with what I thought was horrible back pain.  I was complaining about it one day and a lady at work said it sounding like gall bladder attacks.  Went to doc a week later.  

norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I thought mine was heartburn from hell and back pain. One day I had an attack so bad I wondered if it was a heart attack. Im seeing now that it needs to come out soon.
On the plus side, I think it's easing up now. It's not quite so horrible.

Quoting JTROX:

Yes, by the time I went to see doc, I was turning yellow from it, and they put me right in the hospital.

Mine was waking me up with what I thought was horrible back pain.  I was complaining about it one day and a lady at work said it sounding like gall bladder attacks.  Went to doc a week later.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Well I hope you can get it taken out soon.  At least the surgery and recovery arent' too bad.

Quoting norahsmommy:

I thought mine was heartburn from hell and back pain. One day I had an attack so bad I wondered if it was a heart attack. Im seeing now that it needs to come out soon.

Quoting JTROX:

norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM
That's good to hear. I have 4 small kids and dh works long hours. I don't have time to be out of commission long. Do you feel better now that it's out? My mom had hers removed at 26 and still can't eat greasy food without having bathroom issues.

Quoting JTROX:

Well I hope you can get it taken out soon.  At least the surgery and recovery arent' too bad.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting JTROX:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:49 PM

When I had mine out, I had one son, who was 3.  However, the exact day I got out of the hospital my dh ex dropped off her 3 kids,  because she didn't want them anymore.  Not a good day to gain 3 more kids, ages 14, 11, 8, but it all worked out OK.  I went back to work the following week.  You may want someone to help you out the first couple of days  or so if dh is at work though, especially if the kids are small enough to need picked up or carried around.

Well, yes, I still have bathroom issues that did start after gall bladder was out, but I also have IBS.

Quoting norahsmommy:

That's good to hear. I have 4 small kids and dh works long hours. I don't have time to be out of commission long. Do you feel better now that it's out? My mom had hers removed at 26 and still can't eat greasy food without having bathroom issues.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting JTROX:

reneawesley
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Hope you feel better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)