Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Gallbladder attacks suck!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm in so much pain right now!! I am just kind of rocking back and forth and waiting for it to pass. I k ow I will eventually need surgery, just waiting for insurance to kick in :(. I made the mistake of eating pasta with Alfredo sauce 2 days in a row and now I'm paying big time. Uuuuuuugh. I took a 600 mg ibuprophin but it's doing nothing. If it doesn't go away in a couple of hours I will have to go in a get checked out but for now I'm trying to occupy my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM
That sounds awful. I'm so sorry. And I hope you start to feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Ugh, they are horrible. I had mine out when I was 25 b/c I just couldn't handle the pain. Nothing helps. Feel better.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Feel better!

BramblePatch
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM
I had mine out last january. I was in and out of the hospital in 8 hours and up and around the next day... It was aboutva week before I was 80%, though....still couldn't lift or excerise for 4 weeks. The scars are almost gone, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momavanessa
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Better go to the doctor right away. I started having attacks 3weeks after I gave birth to my youngest. I went to the hospital the week of New year's Eve and they kept me there for 5 days before my surgery. Just because of the holiday. I went home the day after my surgery. My cousins tried to convince me to go on a 3 month cleanse to flush out the stones but I was like no way!!! lol.

norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I've read about cleanses but they all seem to involve drinking lots of olive oil. That scares me. It sounds painful. I will be going in as soon as my insurance is effective.

Quoting momavanessa:

Better go to the doctor right away. I started having attacks 3weeks after I gave birth to my youngest. I went to the hospital the week of New year's Eve and they kept me there for 5 days before my surgery. Just because of the holiday. I went home the day after my surgery. My cousins tried to convince me to go on a 3 month cleanse to flush out the stones but I was like no way!!! lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennymoon4
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM
I had attacks for over 4 years before it was finally diagnosed. The pain would be awful, but I learned how to alter my diet & managed. I had it removed & the pain worsened. For the next 2 months, I had worse attacks about 3 days a week. A large gallstone was lodged in my common bile duct. I later had an ERCP to remove it. Since then, I've felt great. I have no problems eating anything. I think if i'd had an intraoperative cholangiogram during surgery, the later extreme pain could have been avoided.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Yikes. I'm glad you feel better now.

Quoting jennymoon4:

I had attacks for over 4 years before it was finally diagnosed. The pain would be awful, but I learned how to alter my diet & managed. I had it removed & the pain worsened. For the next 2 months, I had worse attacks about 3 days a week. A large gallstone was lodged in my common bile duct. I later had an ERCP to remove it. Since then, I've felt great. I have no problems eating anything. I think if i'd had an intraoperative cholangiogram during surgery, the later extreme pain could have been avoided.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

That sucks, indeed.

My brother suggests that you do what you can to save your gall bladder --living on the 'no gall bladder' diet sucks forever.

norahsmommy
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I really don't want surgery. I had another attack right after the one I posted here about went away. Ugh. I changed my diet and have been eating super light yesterday and today. I will overhaul my diet to try and avoid attacks. My dad had avoided surgery for 30 yrs and can occasionally eat fatty foods with no problems. My mom had hers out at 26 and has to run to the toilet after a fatty meal.

Quoting LindaClement:

That sucks, indeed.

My brother suggests that you do what you can to save your gall bladder --living on the 'no gall bladder' diet sucks forever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN