Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Saw this on my FB timeline and thought i'd share.  I have all the ingredients listed and will give it a try today.

*********************************************************************************************

My Daily Carrot Salad

October 9, 2012

Did you know a carrot a day can help keep night sweats, acne, and PMS at bay?

YES!

For years, I’ve instinctively eaten a few carrots every afternoon as I was preparing dinner… I love their sweet crunch and sometimes I’d even dip them in mustard for a little added flavor.

Fast-forward to today, I’m working with Josh Rubin of East West Healing (more posts to come on my experience) and he recommends eating a carrot 1-2 times a day, particularly in our follicular phase (the time before ovulation).

Why, you ask?

Well, turns out raw carrots contain unique fibers that bind toxins, particularly excess estrogen, in our intestines while not feeding unhealthy bacteria (similar to what a charcoal supplement would do.)

One study showed that daily consumption of a raw carrot at breakfast for 3 weeks reduced serum cholesterol by 11%, increased fecal bile acid and fat excretion by 50%, and modestly increased stool weight by 25%. This suggests a [positive] change in bacterial flora or metabolism. The changes in serum cholesterol, fecal bile acids, and fat persisted 3 weeks after stopping treatment.” – Am J Clin Nutr September 1979 vol. 32 no. 9 1889-1892. The effect of raw carrot on serum lipids and colon function.

Additionally, Dr. Ray Peat found women reduced their problematic estrogen levels by the daily consumption of 1 medium size carrot. Less estrogen generally means less inflammation and liver stress, and better thyroid health.

I’m loving such a cheap, easy and tasty remedy!

Here’s a luscious, little salad you can make to enjoy your daily carrot.
(If you don’t have time to make just eat a raw carrot :) )

Carrot Cleanse Salad

Ingredients:
1 medium organic carrot
1-2 tsps. coconut or apple cider vinegar
1/2-1 tsp. maple syrup or honey
1 tsp. coconut oil
A couple of dashes of pure salt

Directions:
Wash carrot well. Do not peel! Grate lengthwise with grater.
Add oil, vinegar and salt.
Mix and enjoy DAILY!

If you’re sensitive to beta carotene (i.e. your hands turn orange), rinse the shredded carrot till water runs clear before adding salt and dressing.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (21-23):
4kidz916
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I had never heard of this.  Now I want to try it. 

Quoting Alyson121:

it's raw coconut vinegar.  The brand i use is made by Coconut Secrets.

Quoting mypbandj:

maybe....I'm not sure I understand the part that says

is it just either coconut (as in flakes?) or is there some kind of coconut vinegar I have never heard of?

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting mypbandj:

Hmm.

Thinking about giving it a try?

Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I really like it.  It has a bit of a "kick" and a bit more flavor than regular apple cider vinegar.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I had never heard of this.  Now I want to try it. 

Quoting Alyson121:

it's raw coconut vinegar.  The brand i use is made by Coconut Secrets.

Quoting mypbandj:

maybe....I'm not sure I understand the part that says

is it just either coconut (as in flakes?) or is there some kind of coconut vinegar I have never heard of?

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting mypbandj:

Hmm.

Thinking about giving it a try?

mommythree0508
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)