Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saw this on my FB timeline and thought i'd share.  I have all the ingredients listed and will give it a try today.

*********************************************************************************************

My Daily Carrot Salad

October 9, 2012

Did you know a carrot a day can help keep night sweats, acne, and PMS at bay?

YES!

For years, I’ve instinctively eaten a few carrots every afternoon as I was preparing dinner… I love their sweet crunch and sometimes I’d even dip them in mustard for a little added flavor.

Fast-forward to today, I’m working with Josh Rubin of East West Healing (more posts to come on my experience) and he recommends eating a carrot 1-2 times a day, particularly in our follicular phase (the time before ovulation).

Why, you ask?

Well, turns out raw carrots contain unique fibers that bind toxins, particularly excess estrogen, in our intestines while not feeding unhealthy bacteria (similar to what a charcoal supplement would do.)

One study showed that daily consumption of a raw carrot at breakfast for 3 weeks reduced serum cholesterol by 11%, increased fecal bile acid and fat excretion by 50%, and modestly increased stool weight by 25%. This suggests a [positive] change in bacterial flora or metabolism. The changes in serum cholesterol, fecal bile acids, and fat persisted 3 weeks after stopping treatment.” – Am J Clin Nutr September 1979 vol. 32 no. 9 1889-1892. The effect of raw carrot on serum lipids and colon function.

Additionally, Dr. Ray Peat found women reduced their problematic estrogen levels by the daily consumption of 1 medium size carrot. Less estrogen generally means less inflammation and liver stress, and better thyroid health.

I’m loving such a cheap, easy and tasty remedy!

Here’s a luscious, little salad you can make to enjoy your daily carrot.
(If you don’t have time to make just eat a raw carrot :) )

Carrot Cleanse Salad

Ingredients:
1 medium organic carrot
1-2 tsps. coconut or apple cider vinegar
1/2-1 tsp. maple syrup or honey
1 tsp. coconut oil
A couple of dashes of pure salt

Directions:
Wash carrot well. Do not peel! Grate lengthwise with grater.
Add oil, vinegar and salt.
Mix and enjoy DAILY!

If you’re sensitive to beta carotene (i.e. your hands turn orange), rinse the shredded carrot till water runs clear before adding salt and dressing.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM

it's raw coconut vinegar.  The brand i use is made by Coconut Secrets.

Quoting mypbandj:

maybe....I'm not sure I understand the part that says

is it just either coconut (as in flakes?) or is there some kind of coconut vinegar I have never heard of?

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting mypbandj:

Hmm.

Thinking about giving it a try?

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Interesting!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Thanks for sharing!

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

OMG wow I was serioulsy thinking someone would tell me.....Jen, there is no such thing a cocont vinegar. Are you insane? OF COURSE they mean cocount flakes?

But I'm glad I asked. Wow. It does exsit. Very cool.

Now, where do you buy it?

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting mypbandj:

is it just either coconut (as in flakes?) or is there some kind of coconut vinegar I have never heard of?

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting mypbandj:

Hmm.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM

LOL!!! You can buy it at Whole Foods (not all Whole Foods carries it though, i've noticed not all of them in my area have them).  If you have allot of different Whole Foods stores in your area, you can call and ask if they have it.  Also, if you shop at any natural grocery stores in your area they tend to carry it as well.  Or, you can buy it online if you can't find it in any natural grocery stores near you.

Quoting mypbandj:

OMG wow I was serioulsy thinking someone would tell me.....Jen, there is no such thing a cocont vinegar. Are you insane? OF COURSE they mean cocount flakes?

But I'm glad I asked. Wow. It does exsit. Very cool.

Now, where do you buy it?

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting mypbandj:

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting mypbandj:

Hmm.

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Hmmm interesting. I love carrots so it would be worth a try!

erikays
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM
I'm not sure if I'll try this but I'm def going to be eating mote carrots now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cleanaturalady
by Kim on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Very interesting. 

Flaca43
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Interesting! I will try this salad too!

4kidz916
by Healthiest Mom! on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Interesting.  Sound really good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)