Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms
Anyone have any experience with wheezing??

I have an upper respiratory thing going on and when I lie down, I hear this faint squeaky, drawn out hiss coming from my throat. It happens at the end of my exhales.

After googling it, I think it's wheezing. I went to the dr and he just gave me some cough meds with codeine - which I won't take b/ it will knock me out and I don't feel comfortable being out of it with a young toddler in the house. He also gave me a nasal spray. Weird cause my nose is not stuffy at all.

I have a cool mist humidifier on at night. What else can I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Replies (11-17):
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Glad you are feeling better.

cleanaturalady
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Glad to hear you're better.  I hate being sick.  Moms don't get sick days. 

Quoting mypbandj:

Dr said my chest was clear. But I think it's gone. I should have just been patient. LOL

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Wheezing occurs on the exhalation breath, but it's more int he upper chest than the throat.  Is it possible you have some phlegm in your throat that rattling around when you breathe?  I would try mucinex (generic is fine) to break up whatever is in there if you feel you have stuff in there.  What did the doctor say?  Did he/she hear wheezing or mucus in your chest?

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM

If it persists, talk to your doctor.  You might need a breathing treatment to clear things up.  Feel better!

Flaca43
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Glad you are feeling better. Teas do help too. There is a Breathe Easy tea that works well. Some honey in it would help too.

For next time.

Jules_
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I have a lot of experience with wheezing. I have asthma and have wheezing off and on everyday :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Never experience it besides phlegm (sp), hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN