Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Share your thoughts about veggies & CafeMom will donate up to $2000 to Feeding America!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Tell us how important veggies are to you and your family's diet & CafeMom will donate $1 (up to $2000) to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment below!

Don't forget to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family for a chance to win a $200 American Express gift card!

>< The CafeMom Team

eating

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
ivy801
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I am currebtly trying to encourage my family to eat more veggies with every meal, my dd actually prefers veggies raw even onions.

ivy801
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I got a book that hides veggies in his favorite every day foods. I even got dd eat beans in a soup. Try just putting out a platter or raw veggies he might surprise you.

Quoting corkigurl:

My son is a picky eater. One thing he will eat is Mac n cheese so I hide veggies in that. I'm always looking for creative ideas to get veggies in my boy! My daughter is 9 months and eats anything, including broccoli! I haven't found a food she doesn't like yet! Her absolute favorite food is green beans! She would eat a whole can if I let her!

PinkParadox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM

We started veggies early...luckily they love them!!!

SabrinaLC
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Vegetables are insanely important!

We're vegan ;-)

cmahalitc
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:48 AM
We had three veggies last night,they are a very important part of our diet.
grandeboys
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

A salad every night for everyone and a side of veggie on the plate.

CandyWolf
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I include a vegggies in every meal and try hard to get my kids to eat them. My son will not eat hardly any veggies at all. The nutritionist suggested giving him some v8 splash to drink twice daily so he gets in the veggies he is not eating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luzianagurl
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM

My family loves veggies with every meal! I believe I may become a vegetarian one day I love them so much!

Ellifun
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I love my veggies... although my children are grown and have their own families, we all eat them with our meals... My daughter's children usually eat carrots, broccoli, green beans and celery for snacks all the time... then for meals they have a tossed salad and/or more different veggies.. Her son's favorite IS Green Giants frozen corn! My husband and I usually have salad for supper every day.  I put spinach, radishes, cucs, tomatoes, onions, romaine or iceburg lettuce, and red cabbage in ours..  We have many other varieties of veggies each week.. Beets, lima beans, peas, and green and yellow beans are favorites...There are so many anti-oxidants ,Vitamins, and fiber in veggies that it benefits our bodies in many ways...  Thank you Green Giant for your donations and your involvement in trying to get children AND adults to eat more veggies.. 

Sherry

nanaylola
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM

My children are now grown, but when they were kids I did not have a problem with them eating their veggies. I think it was because I always served veggies with meals from the time they started eating solids. They still like their veggies & serve them to their kids with meals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)