Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Share your thoughts about veggies & CafeMom will donate up to $2000 to Feeding America!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Tell us how important veggies are to you and your family's diet & CafeMom will donate $1 (up to $2000) to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment below!

Don't forget to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family for a chance to win a $200 American Express gift card!

>< The CafeMom Team

eating

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
lil_mama06
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Woo hoo. I'm thankful my kids LOVE veggies..Out of 6 only 1 of them didn't like spinach. But that was ok, I told her she HAD to eat some every 3 months. And she did...The rest devour it like candy. 

Marinefranksmom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Fresh fruits & veggies in my family was the norm.  My Mom grew up in southern Italy - her family there & here grew their own produce - tomatoes, green beans,zucchini, peaches, figs, apples, grapes, spinach, olives for olive oil.  My Mom was creative with veggies - if we didn't like them one way, she found a way to prepare them that pleased everyone.  Example - I didn't like carrots but I did like them raw or cooked in soup or with grated cheese.  Now, most veggies I will eat raw or plain.  As I raised my son, he was given veggies from the time he was old enough to eat solid food.  I remember the day care center ladies said I was the only mom who brought spinach & beets for him to eat.  When he outgrew baby food, I still put veggies & fruits on his plate.  Some he liked, some he didn't, but with few exceptions, now that he's an adult, he eats all kinds of fruits & veggies & is now feeding them to his baby son.  Healthy eating is something we did without even thinking about it because that's how I was raised.  I believe that if you make a fuss over what the child eats, the child will make a fuss.  However, if you serve a solid variety of healthy foods and eat them yourself, they will eat them as a matter of course. 

Scrapbooker1030
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

We are super lucky here as well as we all have a love of veggies.  We live on a farm and love nothing more than planting, growning, and harvesting our own veggies.  Our Pedi always asked our kids what is your favorite green veggie.  One of my daughter has more of a love of veggies than anyone else in the house.  She can be found eating bowls of broccoli, peas, or corn for snacks just not at meal times.  Our bodies need these healthy vitamin rich foods to thrive.  Thanks for supporting a good cause CafeMom!

Owlgal
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:24 PM

My kids grew up eating vegtables and they still do.. We had a rule you had to take a good bite of it and then you could make a choice to like it or not.  They did that and found out they liked alot of things.

vampire2007
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

my daughter loves veggies! I just give them to her smothered in butter ( she needs the extra calories cuz she is below the 5th percetile) and she eats em up.

moolatte
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:43 PM

cool!

rockandrollm430
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM

All of us eat veggies-and we love them!!!

QueenBof6
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I seve veggies with every meal. My kids love them

CrazyDaisy123
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Growing up, our dad grew vegetables for a farm stand which later turned into a large productive grocery store and he always brought home fresh vegetables all summer long.  Mom would can them too.  Then when I married and had kids of my own, I was able to get fresh vegetables from my dad also and had them at all major meals (except breakfast).  Now that I have grandchildren, I also instill on them how eating vegetables keeps you healthy and I try to incorporate them into snacks.  I have vegetables with every dinner meal.  

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 7:55 PM

very cool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN