Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

farmers market?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 22 Replies
Do you have any locally? If so, do you visit it often?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erikays
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I haven't been to one since we've moved here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica020410
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM
No, we don't. =( If we did, we would use it often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

We have them.  I like to go the farms around us though.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Yes, we have several farmer's markets...they are wonderful!  I visit them often:)

mp3mom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I don't visit as often as I'd like to.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

We do, but I always seem to be working on the days they are held.

Jules_
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Yes, we love ours!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meglennox
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM

we have a farmers market. i've only been to it a handful of times in the past 5 years.  i always forget about it :(

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Yes and yes!

There is one downtown.  Takes me less than 10 minutes to get there.  It's so nice.  There's a big brick building that holds local businesses (a market that sells fruits, veggies, beans, local canned items like salsa and such), a local fancy chocolate maker, a local wine and cheese store, a local meat market, a local fish market and a store with all kinds of West Virginia made items such as foods and collectibles).

Outside, is this HUGE area for local farmers.  They set up and sell their goods and they are SO GOOD!  We go during the summer for fresh fruits, veggies, flowers, you name it!  They now have pumpkins EVERYWHERE! And will have Christmas trees once pumpkin season goes away!

During the summer, I take the girls every Saturday, to stock up on fruits and veggies for the week.  During the fall and winter, maybe once a month.  

erikays
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:04 AM
This sounds amazing! I wish I could find something like this here!

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Yes and yes!

There is one downtown.  Takes me less than 10 minutes to get there.  It's so nice.  There's a big brick building that holds local businesses (a market that sells fruits, veggies, beans, local canned items like salsa and such), a local fancy chocolate maker, a local wine and cheese store, a local meat market, a local fish market and a store with all kinds of West Virginia made items such as foods and collectibles).

Outside, is this HUGE area for local farmers.  They set up and sell their goods and they are SO GOOD!  We go during the summer for fresh fruits, veggies, flowers, you name it!  They now have pumpkins EVERYWHERE! And will have Christmas trees once pumpkin season goes away!

During the summer, I take the girls every Saturday, to stock up on fruits and veggies for the week.  During the fall and winter, maybe once a month.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)