Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM
  • 18 Replies

This is a really simple dish, and it's actually somewhat healthy! It seriously takes under 5 minutes to throw together. There is nothing to chop or mince beforehand, which is awesome. I love the basic-ness of this. It tasted good, though it was not as stunning as the ribs I made yesterday (hard act to follow!). I like having this as an option on a busy day when I just don't have a lot of time to throw something together.

I served the chicken teriyaki over white rice (or you could do a quinoa/rice mix or just plain quinoa)... I really wanted to throw in some frozen broccoli for the last hour, but we used the last bag the other day, and I did not realize it. Bummer! I just heated up some French-style green beans instead! It was fine! :)

Here is the SIMPLE recipe: http://krzmomcrockpotcatalog.blogspot.com/2012/10/slow-cooker-chicken-teriyaki.html

Oh, and the Reynolds liner was actually really nice!!! Clean-up took just 2 seconds. Remove bag. Throw away! Awesome. Normally I would spend an hour soaking the pot in soapy water before I start the process of scrubbing it (for another 10 mins, possibly more soaking, too!). It was awesome to toss the mess in the trash and move on!

If you love crock pot cooking, I recommend giving these guys a try!

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Wow, yum!

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Sounds and looks really good!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Oh and I love the liners, used one today even!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Thanks! I love easy recipes!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Nice!  Thanks for sharing mama!

keeckhardt
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Yummy!!! I will have to try it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cubbies23
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I am going to plan this for dinner this week. Thanks.
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:48 AM

very neat about those liners!! looks delish too!

i need to find a new crockpot recipe....making chicken tomorrow but gotta figure out what kind. was thinking chicken parmesan but we'll see!

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I liked this chicken parm:  http://krzmomcrockpotcatalog.blogspot.com/?view=snapshot#!/2012/09/crock-pot-chicken-parmeseanfrom-cafemom.html

Or this chicken cacciatore: http://krzmomcrockpotcatalog.blogspot.com/?view=snapshot#!/2012/10/crock-pot-chicken-cacciatore.html

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

very neat about those liners!! looks delish too!

i need to find a new crockpot recipe....making chicken tomorrow but gotta figure out what kind. was thinking chicken parmesan but we'll see!

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

thanks!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)