Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Groceries for $50 a week

How To Shop For Groceries With $50.00 (2 adults& 2 children). Meal plans, grocery lists and lots of frugal ideas

Click the pic for the link

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
KristinRox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Nope, NB Canada.

Quoting elasmimi:

wow, do you live in Alaska??

Quoting KristinRox:

I could never get that here for 50 dollars. The milk alone would be 32 dollars. Its about 8 dollars a gallon here.

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Nope, New Brunswick, Canada.

Quoting rfurlongg:

Are you in Hawaii?

Quoting KristinRox:

I could never get that here for 50 dollars. The milk alone would be 32 dollars. Its about 8 dollars a gallon here.

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I know!!!!!!!! Food here, compared to over there is sooooo much more expensive. If I go to Maine I usually stock up on milk, cheese, eggs and meat, because the prices here are usually double or triple. For instance grated cheese over in Maine is 2.50, here its 7 dollars. Eggs there are like 1.99, and here they are 4 dollars. The same turkey that I buy there is like 18 dollars, and it would be 35 here. Its nuts.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting KristinRox:

Thats crazy !!!

JOIN US ON:

Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I can see how that can happy.  However for us when we spend ONLY $60 it's when we shop at the produce stand near our home.  It's a store/stand that sells 80% produce at a super low cost and then they sell packaged food like different kinds of flours, beans, oils, dairy, etc.  But it's only $60 when i buy 99.999999999999999% produce and maybe a bag of organic flour. 

That's amazing that she's able to do that.  I know a quart of whole raw milk we buy is $4.99 and we typically have to buy like 6 of those at one time.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Wow, i need to shop in Maine too.  Our eggs are anywhere from $3.99 (on sale) to $8.99 a dozen.  Of coure the more expensive eggs are farm fresh, pasture raised, and seasonal.  I can find cheese for like $4.00 if i look hard but it's not even a 1/4 pound.  I'm in California, so i know pricing is different from area to area AND it depends on where on shops for food.

Quoting KristinRox:

I know!!!!!!!! Food here, compared to over there is sooooo much more expensive. If I go to Maine I usually stock up on milk, cheese, eggs and meat, because the prices here are usually double or triple. For instance grated cheese over in Maine is 2.50, here its 7 dollars. Eggs there are like 1.99, and here they are 4 dollars. The same turkey that I buy there is like 18 dollars, and it would be 35 here. Its nuts.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting KristinRox:

Thats crazy !!!

mp3mom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM

TY! I'll definitely read this later! I won't even tell you what we spend...

CrazedMomof2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Quoting mp3mom:

I know right. We would starve off $50 a week.

mp3mom
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM

*SMILE* starve is about right...

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Quoting mp3mom:

I know right. We would starve off $50 a week.

Flaca43
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Very nice!!

ProudMommy51006
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Oh my gosh about $8 a gallon for milk!!!! It's $3 here.

Quoting KristinRox:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)