Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Groceries for $50 a week

How To Shop For Groceries With $50.00 (2 adults& 2 children). Meal plans, grocery lists and lots of frugal ideas

Click the pic for the link

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
cookinmommyof1
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Nice. Im usually able to feed our fam of 3 for about $30-$40/week. I make a meal list from what is on sale at all the stores and price match everything at walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:48 PM

good for her! (=

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Wow...

KristinRox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Im not sure about the rate of pay.. its probably higher though. 10 dollars is minimum wage. 

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Isn't your rate of pay higher than ours? Crazy prices
Quoting KristinRox:

I know!!!!!!!! Food here, compared to over there is sooooo much more expensive. If I go to Maine I usually stock up on milk, cheese, eggs and meat, because the prices here are usually double or triple. For instance grated cheese over in Maine is 2.50, here its 7 dollars. Eggs there are like 1.99, and here they are 4 dollars. The same turkey that I buy there is like 18 dollars, and it would be 35 here. Its nuts.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting KristinRox:

I could never get that here for 50 dollars. The milk alone would be 32 dollars. Its about 8 dollars a gallon here.

Thats crazy !!!

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yeah, when I go to Maine its about 3.50.. I buy 2 or three gallon while Im there. 

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Oh my gosh about $8 a gallon for milk!!!! It's $3 here.

Quoting KristinRox:

I could never get that here for 50 dollars. The milk alone would be 32 dollars. Its about 8 dollars a gallon here.

JOIN US ON:

keeckhardt
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM
We spend $600 a month on groceries. That includes 3 meals and a snack for all 7 of my daycare kids, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM
We couldn't do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM

That's about 1 meal a day though.

I feed my son three meals a day and me and my husband eat about 2 meals a day. Sometimes a snack as well which I consider a meal. I could never feed 3 people for 50 dollars a week.

cleanaturalady
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I totally support supporting local, family owned businesses.

Quoting cmorris1200:

Quoting dream528:

Wow! Yeah, if you really plan things out and shop at the right stores, you can keep your weekly bill down for sure.

I tend to take the convenient route and go the the local ma & pa type grocery store (it's right down the street from me) and their prices tend to be a bit higher.  But I know if I shopped smarter, I could totally keep my bill lower.

I would rather pay a little extra and know  that I am a supporting at local family chain.  We have Stew Leonard's and another  family chain in our area.  I love that they list what locally grown produce they get during the summer.  I can talk to butcher or at the fish section and know I will get what I want.   Customer service can trump saving money.  

cleanaturalady
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I just learned that you can freeze milk.  Not sure how long it lasts after it thaws though.

Quoting KristinRox:

Yeah, when I go to Maine its about 3.50.. I buy 2 or three gallon while Im there. 

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Oh my gosh about $8 a gallon for milk!!!! It's $3 here.

Quoting KristinRox:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)