Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Losing weight during the cold weather

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM
  • 26 Replies

Hi y'all i am new to cafemom and to this group. I am wondering how to keep losing weight during these cold days. Not having a vehicle and not really being able to go anywhere is there anything i can do at home.

by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I do DVDs at home and run outside. You can get Jillian Micheals DVDs at walmart for like $10 and those are good! I also try to watch my food more in the winter......... because I am not as active outside.

Hannahsmommy816
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM

i have a zumba dvd ($20), i used to have 30 day shred ($10 off ebay) but my knee hurt...bad knee....when i would do the workout...they have good ab exercises in the program though! try myfitnesspal.com to track your weight/loss/exercise AND food!

bckwdsbarbie06
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

bob harpers are also $5 right now through his website

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

I do DVDs at home and run outside. You can get Jillian Micheals DVDs at walmart for like $10 and those are good! I also try to watch my food more in the winter......... because I am not as active outside.

Photobucket

cleanaturalady
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

^ Those both sound like good ideas.

shilohkitten
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM

You can try eating more vegan dishes, I usually do that when I want to lose weight.  Skinnytaste.com is a great food blog that can help you make good recipes that won't make you gain it back.

I would use the dance games for Kinect or Wii if you have that, those are fun.

BaBa1123
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Any video that shows dancing is fun and keep eating veggies and protein are your best foods to eat.

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Do you have Netflix? They have a ton of different work out videos. Also check with your local library. Dancing is fun too. 

Joshuasmommy_1
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM

yes i have netflix. i didn't even know netflix had workout videos. i'm gonna have to look now lol what are some of the video names?

Quoting MamaMandee:

Do you have Netflix? They have a ton of different work out videos. Also check with your local library. Dancing is fun too. 

MamaMandee
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Oh gosh Im not sure off the top of my head but there is a whole section. 

Quoting Joshuasmommy_1:

yes i have netflix. i didn't even know netflix had workout videos. i'm gonna have to look now lol what are some of the video names?

Quoting MamaMandee:

Joshuasmommy_1
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

ok im asking becasue i couldnt find any

Quoting MamaMandee:

Oh gosh Im not sure off the top of my head but there is a whole section. 

Quoting Joshuasmommy_1:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN