Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A bad habit but now I think I know the logic behind it

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 14 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hello Ladies,

My name is Stefanie. I haven't officially introduced myself as a newbie but I like living healthy. I've been on a mindful journey to healthy living in all facets of my life. I'm 29, mother of 1 (he'll be 12 next month), and I work full time as a customer care associate. Ok, so now to the point of this post:

As I said, I've been on a journey of healthier living, and keeping a calendar of it, specifically in regards to diet (not fad diets, just diet in regards to what I put in my mouth and how much of it) and exercise. I'm approdx 38 days in, and I am doing relatively well. I started working 2 weeks ago, so I haven't been as focused; but considering, I am doing okay.

But, a habit I see that will be broken: Last night, we got home late (we went to the state fair of TX) and my son was smart and went straight to sleep. But for me, that's not the easiest thing to do. So, I got into my comfy clothes and turned on the tv in the living area. Well, a good movie was on and I wanted to watch it, but honestly, I was sleepy. So, I went and got some chips and sour cream to eat. And I ate about half the bag of chips!!!!

Once I was done devouring the snack, I thought "why did I just do that?" And I talked to myself out loud. I wasn't hungry. And I wasn't TRULY craving that snack. But, I realized something: I ate like that to keep myself awake. Because if I wasn't eating, I would have fell asleep. And that was proven after I was done snacking. I put the stuff up, came back to watch the movie, and 5 minutes later was dozing off.

Hmmm, strange, but glad to realize that! So I am going to have to make that change. If I am not hungry, and it's late and I'm sleepy, just record the show and go to bed!!!!

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cleanaturalady
by Kim on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Good self realization.  You go girl. 

shilohkitten
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Good for you for realizing that!  I have caught myself doing the same thing.  So much better to just go to bed already!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Good for you!! Good Luck!!

Jenn8604
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM
way to go. i eat when bored. so i try to keep from being bored. easier said than done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM

That's great you figured it out! I always say, don't eat if you're not hungry.

keeckhardt
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Glad you figured it out. Eating to stay awake or when bored was my biggest weakness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Interesting! I think I do this too sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
copperswifey
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM

You will do great! Keep us posted on your journey. :)

jryberg
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM
That's a great thing to realize! If I am having chips I put a helping in a bowl or the next thing I know I have eaten half the bag!
Sisteract
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Good luck on your journey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)