Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How often do you experience eye discomfort?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

We gave moms a $25 gift card and asked them to purchase the Similasan Irritated Eye Relief product. Read what our moms are saying about the product. 

Do you often experience irratation, dryness or burning of the eye? Tell us all about it.

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessicasmom1
by Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Hello I was a chosen one for Similason Irritatied eye relief I was pleased to see a whole line of products offered by Similason . I have a eye irratation in the morning hours almost if the sand man does not bring me dry sand but a slimy film even throughout the day, I have asked the eye doctor and she chocked it up to old age :-0 really, I been dealing with this for years and no eye doctor or pcp seems concerned  I purchased these drops and will come back in a few days with my review thank you Similason and CafeMom I will give this a try . 

MamaBear2cubs
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Thank you so much for allowing me to try the Similasan Irritated eye drops!

I have had chronic dry eye since having muscle surgery 11 years ago. I usually either suffer through or try a simple saline rinse when it gets really bad. I went and bought the product and used it right before bed and when I woke up the next morning my eyes felt great and most of the redness was gone! Even my family noticed and said I looked well rested. I was happy that the drops were homeopathic and very mild to the eyes, no burning and they are very easy to apply. and they are pretty good sized so I know I can use them more then one time without running out. I even asked my Opthamologist about the brand and he gave me the thumbs up! I will be keeping these in my medicine cabinet for future use! This product is definitely worth a try if you have irritated eyes and are looking for something that goes to work quick and stays working!

mp3mom
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

For some reason, a couple of weeks ago, I got a stye; it doesn't seem to be getting better and I think is going to my other eye despite my carefulness not to use the same towel.

jessicasmom1
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I have used the Similasan irritated eye drops for 3 days now I am seeing a improvement when I wake , and during  the day and my eyes stay relatively wet.  It does not burn when applying .I purchased these drops at walmart there are many to choose from .  I give these eye drops a thumbs up and going to let my Mom try them out as well. Thank you Similasan and CafeMom 

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I was chosen as an influencer for this product and I have to say, it did not disappoint. I've been a huge fan of Similasan products after the pediatrician first recommended their Earache Relief Drops for my youngest, so I was excited to see what the Irritated Eye Relief drops coul do for me.

For years, my eyes periodically become very itchy, red and irritated from allergens due to living near farmland.  I've dealt with the symptoms by using all sorts of home remedies and eye drops by other manufacturers, but none were effective, and many times I would end up with pink eye from rubbing the irritants into my eyes. 

I picked up the Similasan Irritated Eye Relief drops and they immediately began to alleviate my symptoms and provided long lasting relief from the irritation that has plagued me for some time. 

Bottom line: If you're experiencing eye irritation, I highly recommend you try this product. You will not regret it! 

dusky_rose
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Hi, my name is Sue and I am one of the lucky moms to get to try Similasan Irritated Eye Relief (eye drops). I just went to Walmart yesterday to pick some up and started using it once in the evening and today (it says apply as needed). I sometimes get allergy eyes, but right now I am experiencing red, gritty eyes and want to see how this product works to help with that. I will give you my opinions on these eye drops after giving them some time to see how they work for me. It is my hope that they work good, because I really like that they are a natural homeopathic product. More to come...

This product seems to help with my red eyes. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how often they can be used. I need to contact my pharmacist about this since it does not say on the packaging. It only says use as needed.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

matreshka
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Hi! I was selected to try the Similasan Irritated Eye relief drops. I suffer from dry eyes and clogged tear ducts.  This is a year round issue for me rather than just an allergy related issue.

At my last optometrist appointment my doc told me about my clogged tear ducts and dry eyes.  She gave me a sample of another conventional/non-homeopathic eye drop product but also told me I could use any OTC drops that were for dry sensitive eyes.  My other symptoms include puffiness around the eye area and itchy eyes and skin around the eye.

My local CVS carries Similasan products so I was able to pick up the Irritated Eye Relief right there. I was happy that I was able to get a homeopathic remedy right in my neighborhood instead of having to drive to a specialty store. 

The ingredients are homeopathic dilutions of natural substances, with my knowledge of herbs and homeopathy I was confident they would be fine, and actually better to use than conventional eye drops, but always talk to your doctor first if you have any concerns.

I've been using the product for several days.  I have definitely noticed a reduction of itchiness, puffiness and the gritty feeling that clogged tear ducts can produce.  The Similasan Irritated Eye Relief drops keep my eyes moisturized throughout the day which is great.  I just put 2 drops in each eye each morning and I am fine for the rest of the day.

Obviously this product is not to be used if you have a serious infection and if your symptoms don't go away or worsen definitely call your doc.  If you have already seen a doc or optometrist and have been told you have dry, irritated eyes or clogged ducts I highly recommend this product and will continue to use it myself.  I have had no side effects from using this product.

Thank You CafeMom and Similasan for allowing me to try a new product that really helps and that I will continue to use.

elasmimi
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I have been having problems with my eyes recently, I think just eyestrain. It helps to use my reading glasses, but I may try the drops.

Wish2Be
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I get eye irratation about 2-3 times a year. It sort of goes hand in hand with dryness. Most frequently when the weather changes drastically.

goddess99
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM

On occasion I do, I think currently I use Visine, so it will be interesting what these ladies have to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)