Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What can I do? *EDIT*

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm sick...I hate being sick!  I'm such a weenie and need to get over this soon!  LOL!

I have a sore throat, cough, and stuffy nose...just your basic cold.  I am just a weenie!

I'm drinking honey tea...what else can I do?

EDIT - My throat is on FIRE!  Not so much stuffed up anymore, but my throat is SO sore and it was on fire last night!  I'm sucking on throat lozenges, and drinking coffee currently...what else can I do?

by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Plus the usual body aches, headache, fatigue, etc. that comes with a cold.

mp3mom
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I always take Airbourne; it seems to knock it out of me! Hope you feel better soon :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM

What is that?  Never heard of it before!

Quoting mp3mom:

I always take Airbourne; it seems to knock it out of me! Hope you feel better soon :)

mp3mom
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:29 PM

You can get it anywhere... like an Alkaseltzer, but with vitamins... awesome, really; comes in a small box, it's in a tube.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thanks!!

Quoting mp3mom:

You can get it anywhere... like an Alkaseltzer, but with vitamins... awesome, really; comes in a small box, it's in a tube.

mp3mom
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

YW~ It will help!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Thanks!!

Quoting mp3mom:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Bump!

LuvMySavage
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM
High doses of ascorbic acid (natural vitamin C suppliment). Take twice the RDA until your symptoms improve. And ONLY while you have symptoms. You don't want to be taking that much vitamin C for too long or on a regular basis.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM

For a sore throat you can melt aspirin in a small amount of water.  Drink it down and it coat and heals the throat.  Normal dosage timing, so every 4 hours or so.

In the interim hours gargle with salt water.

If it persists, it may be more than a common cold.  Usually when my throat gets that bad, it has developed into an infection.

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I always have to use numbing spray on my throat when I get like that. I'm a weenie too! I can't stand a sore throat!! Also, anything cold feels good - so here's a good excuse to eat ice cream! Hope you feel better fast!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)