Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Please help me make a easy dinner with limited food lol

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 24 Replies
I have tons of pasta of all sorts

Including tortilinies but we have had pasta meals for days now.

I can't get to the store today. I need to make dinner is there anything simple I can make out of anything listed below? As far as meats all I have is three chicken breasts. It is for a family of three.

I have

A half of a cauliflower bunch

Sun dried tomatoes no pesto

Eggs

Cucumber no tomato

Oranges

One lemon

Edamame

3 chicken breast

Yellow and purple onions

Garlic

Flat bread

Can of artichoke hearts

Olives

Chick peas

Soy beans

Pinto beans

Campbell's mushroom soup and chicken soup

Pineapples

Lentils

Crackers

Flour

And tons of seasons

That is about it!

I am trying not to go to the store if I have to I will get

Some ground beef and potatoes and make meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The thing is I have to walk to the store and on the way is a busy street. I have to carry groceries in one hand and hold my son in the other.. I can go to the store tomorrow of course and get food lol. I am just hoping there is something I can make so I don't have to do that.

Oh and it is 3 pm here so dinner is in a couple hours...

Edit
Thank you ladies for all of your ideas! My husband came home early. I had thawed the chicken to make chicken salad. I wasn't feeling well at all so he picked up some baked potatoes and we ate that. Now I have some really great ideas for this week on what I can make. I will be going to the store later today to pick up some more meat we need to stock up. We just moved in our house and haven't done that yet. Anyway it is 4 am I am going to try to go back to bed. Thanks again for all y'alls wonderful ideas!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyjenean
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Grilled lemon and pepper chicken with cauliflower and another side of your choice

Chicken diced and cooked with onions and sun dried tomatoes. If you have mayo you can make a chicken salad. Mix and chill in fridge. Place on flat bread and enjoy with a side of cauliflower.
FlyingMommy747
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I would make a white pizza by either using the flat bread or the flour to make your own pizza crust.  The pizza can include the chicken, sundried tomatoes, califlour, artichoke, maybe even the mushroom soup.  Just be creative.  Do you have any cheese at all?

Sunshine257
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
All I have is Parmesan I have two other types of cheese but they are Danish cheese kind of sharp and wouldn't taste good melted. We had flat bread pizzas last night with pesto sundries tomatoes spinache feta and Parmesan cheese it was really good! But I have no more pesto.

Quoting FlyingMommy747:

I would make a white pizza by either using the flat bread or the flour to make your own pizza crust.  The pizza can include the chicken, sundried tomatoes, califlour, artichoke, maybe even the mushroom soup.  Just be creative.  Do you have any cheese at all?

Sunshine257
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Do you mix the sundries tomatoes with the chicken in the chicken salad?

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Grilled lemon and pepper chicken with cauliflower and another side of your choice

Chicken diced and cooked with onions and sun dried tomatoes. If you have mayo you can make a chicken salad. Mix and chill in fridge. Place on flat bread and enjoy with a side of cauliflower.

BelindaDuvessa
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

Not sure if you have any cheeses but this looked good and uses mostly ingredients you already have.

brittanyjenean
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
You can cook them with the chicken in a large skillet. Its actually very good. I don't use red onions often but I believe those are the sweet ones, right? Just cook them all together in the skillet. The flavors should mix very well together. Or if you want to add them in after you have cooked your chicken then that would work as well.

Quoting Sunshine257:

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Sunshine257
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I saved it. We have no feta used it all last night. I will do that when I have feta looks really yummy!

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken

Not sure if you have any cheeses but this looked good and uses mostly ingredients you already have.

Sunshine257
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok I found a simple chicken salad recipe. I will cook it with the tomatoes like you suggested. I have another
Recipe for the cauliflower I will just make that for the side. Give my son some cucumbers too and make edemame for my husband lol. Not usually stuff I would put together but hey it will work.

Quoting brittanyjenean:

You can cook them with the chicken in a large skillet. Its actually very good. I don't use red onions often but I believe those are the sweet ones, right? Just cook them all together in the skillet. The flavors should mix very well together. Or if you want to add them in after you have cooked your chicken then that would work as well.

Quoting Sunshine257:

Quoting brittanyjenean:

cleanaturalady
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Here is a website that matches what you have on hand to recipes.

http://www.recipematcher.com/

Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

You can make a huge crockpot or dutch oven full of beans/stew like dish. Season the chicken breast and sear it on both sides in a skillet.  Remove from skillet and set aside.  Dice the peppers, onions and garlic and saute them in the same skillet you seared the chicken in (use some oil if you have any).  In your crockpot or dutch oven add the lentils and water (enough to cover the lentils).  Add seasonings you like and sun-dried tomatoes. Also add the onions and garlic you just sauteed.  Let that all cook down and about 30 minutes before it's done, cut up the seared chicken and dump it into the lentils (don't forget the juices too).  Let that all cook together and serve. 

Warm the flat bread to eat with it. 

Cut the cucumber, add the artichoke hearts, olives and season with salt and pepper for a side salad.

You can serve diced pineapple and oranges for dessert.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN