Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Ok, I am only 28 but here lately I have noticed that my face just looks older. I am not one of these people that is obsessed with my looks or anything but I just feel like I look worn out. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do to help this?

~Thanks~

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (21-29):
bertie4
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Drink more water does help.

suetoo
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Drink extra water.
mp3mom
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:35 PM

What does the salt do, and where do you get it?

Quoting cleanaturalady:

FYI:  A great natural exfoliating skin brightening DIY is - take a dollop of mild face wash and mix in 1tsp baking soda and 1tsp sea salt (I like to use Himalayan pink salt) and mix them together.  Put the mixture on your face and let it sit for 5 minutes.  You will feel it tingle a bit.  Then gently scrub the mixture around on your face and rinse.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I bought it to help with my breaking hair.  But read on it that it helps skin.

Quoting raegan1221:

Interesting...I've never even thought of that.

Quoting e-doolittle:

I've been using castor oil onmy face lately

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

That's great. Thanks! That's like a 2 for 1 deal right there.

Quoting e-doolittle:

I bought it to help with my breaking hair.  But read on it that it helps skin.

Quoting raegan1221:

Interesting...I've never even thought of that.

Quoting e-doolittle:

I've been using castor oil onmy face lately

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
jenniferlynnv
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Hi! I began using Rodan and Fields clinically proven products a few months back.  (the same doctors who created Proactiv) The result are absolutely amazing!!  I loved them so much that I now sell them for fun!  They are all clinically proven and have a full 60-day money back garentee.  There is a great anti-age regimen! Check out their products at; www.jvirion.myrandf.com

I would love to help you pick out products! :)

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I have two older kids (12 and 15) and then a 2 year old. And this year, I took my 2 year old to the older kids old preschool from 10 years ago. The same women who were there back then were still there. And it really surprised me how much they had aged. I came home and told dh how old they all were looking and he was like, you probably look older to them too! LOL I suppose he is right. I guess we all do, it's just that I hadn't seen them in so long. I just think aging is something that is sure to happen to us regarless of whether we use this or that cream. 

I do think that there are some thing we can do though - eating less processed foods, using sunscreen and not smoking. <------ IMO those things will help us age gracefully. 

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I do agree with you. I need to work on the processed foods and eating better just overall. But thankfully, I wear sunscreen and have never smoked a day in my life. I do see that people tend to age quicker when they are smokers, especially women.

Quoting mypbandj:

I have two older kids (12 and 15) and then a 2 year old. And this year, I took my 2 year old to the older kids old preschool from 10 years ago. The same women who were there back then were still there. And it really surprised me how much they had aged. I came home and told dh how old they all were looking and he was like, you probably look older to them too! LOL I suppose he is right. I guess we all do, it's just that I hadn't seen them in so long. I just think aging is something that is sure to happen to us regarless of whether we use this or that cream. 

I do think that there are some thing we can do though - eating less processed foods, using sunscreen and not smoking. <------ IMO those things will help us age gracefully. 

janitablue
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I agreed with comments made in the post moisture is one of keys to slow down age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)