Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

help! need advice

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

so the last few weeks everytime i go to bed i get extremly itchy! i have changed my sheets over and over again! i gonna make a doc appt soon. but need some adivce on what it can be causing this! i dont get itchy when im not resting. i have dogs and cats but have never been allergic before. i can hold my cats and dogs andhave no problems!! 

thanks ladys

EDIT!

I went to the docs and just got my results back! i have a extremely high tyroid! im going to see a specailist soon. im tryin not to freak out!

pink ribbonBABYLOVE

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Hmm.. that's interesting.

Here is a bump

mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I did a lot of online research because my feet would itch all night long, but never during the day. One thing I came across was that it can be a nervous habit, mind over matter so to speak.

On the other hand, do you take hot showers? That can dry out your skin. Try to only shower every other day and keep the temp as cool as you can stand it. Do you moisturize after your shower?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Some medications can make you itchy.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
No idea mama! Good luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM

How's your liver?

One of the first symptoms of liver problems in many people is itchy skin... a lot more water, astringents (parsley, green leafy veg like kale and spinach, asparagus, artichokes, tumeric...) in your diet may help.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Another thought...dry skin maybe?  

babymama8787
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I know its not dry skin cause I would be ithcy all the time, I don't take hot showers or am takin meds.. i think it is my liver. I had gallstones when I found out I was preg 15mths ago. They didn't do anything for me at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM

No clue but good lck

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Hugs mama...are you going to head to the doctor then?  Just to get checked out?  I'm sorry!

Quoting babymama8787:

I know its not dry skin cause I would be ithcy all the time, I don't take hot showers or am takin meds.. i think it is my liver. I had gallstones when I found out I was preg 15mths ago. They didn't do anything for me at all.

suetoo
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Saw dermatologist......Moisturize! No hot showeres, avoid baths.....drink lots of plain water. I'm going to get a room humidifier, too. 

Ps. Maybe during the day when you are active or preoccupied, you just don't notice the itch?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)