Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me add the calories in this recipe (piog).

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM
  • 12 Replies
The biggest problem is that there are soooo many different options on various sites about the calorie content of pork chops, depending on size and depending on how it's cooked. Here's the recipe. Please help if you can.

7 pork chops (about 3 lbs. total)
1/2 c. flour
1 Tbsp. salt
1 (10 oz.) can chicken and rice soup (I'm using Campbell's.)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbsp. oil

Coat pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, and garlic powder, and brown in oil in skillet. Place browned pork chops in crock -pot. Add can of soup. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susie3g
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I use myfitnesspal. I got 207 calories for battered, fried, pork chop for 4 oz. That's 51.75 calories per ounce. 51.75 x 7 oz = 362.25. Then add the 25 for the soup = 387.25. I didn't use all the flour that the recipe calls for so I didn't think it would be a good idea to just add the calories of each thing. Half the breading went in the trash. What calorie count did you use for just the chops? Myfitnesspal varies greatly on the calorie count.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Have you tried loseit.com yet?

Kris0806
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM

My absolute favorite is the recipe analyzer at CalorieCount.  You can just do a search for it. (that's how I always find it--I probably should just bookmark it at this point).  You can copy and paste the whole recipe in and it will analyze not just calories, but the full nutirional content.  

Hope that helps!

susie3g
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. :) That looks like some real good pork chop recipes!

Quoting mp3mom:

I found this:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=pork+chops&fnSearchType=site

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I've never heard of loseit.com, but I will certainly check it out. Thank you!

Quoting mypbandj:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susie3g
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! That sounds like a really handy tool. I'll check it out.

Quoting Kris0806:

My absolute favorite is the recipe analyzer at CalorieCount.  You can just do a search for it. (that's how I always find it--I probably should just bookmark it at this point).  You can copy and paste the whole recipe in and it will analyze not just calories, but the full nutirional content.  

Hope that helps!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I only know about it cause my dh LOVES it. He uses it everyday! LOL

Quoting susie3g:

I've never heard of loseit.com, but I will certainly check it out. Thank you!

Quoting mypbandj:

SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:59 AM

If it were me I'd just check it on a couple different sites and estimate.

I mainly just use myfitnesspal when doing calories.  I know it's never going to be exact for anything but it gives you an estimate

susie3g
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh WOW! That was sooooo super easy!! Thank you so much. That site is going to be bookmarked on my laptop, for sure!

Quoting Kris0806:

Hope that helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)