Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I've been sick all week...

Posted by   + Show Post

I got laryngitis last Thursday which has been accompanied by a super stuffy nose and chest congestion.   

I haven't been to the gym all week (I usually try to be there 4-5 times a week) and have only been craving comfort food (this is code for anything fattening, sugary, salty or all around bad for you) in copious amounts.  With the way I feel I don't think I will be back up for any type of actual exercise until at least early next week.  

*hanging onto the wagon*   I feel like this is going to completely derail all that I have been working so hard to maintain over the last few months.  Any wise words to (1) stop me from being so down on myself that I can't keep up this week and (2) stop me from continuing this unhealthy pattern and understanding that all my hard work isn't going down the drain.  

Blah!

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-17):
SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM

You're sick, you want comfort.  It is totally understandable!

Rest as much as you can though so your body can heal. 

You'll get back to it, don't worry! You can do it!

reneawesley
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Hope you feel better soon

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Hope you are feeling better now!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kris0806
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I'm getting there.

Quoting e-doolittle:

Hope you are feeling better now!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

That sucks!

1. A week off will not 'derail' all you've worked for over the past few months. It will set you back, but not to where you were.

2. You'll feel better when you feel better, then you can continue where you left off.

3. When you're sick, it's vital that you eat even more healthfully than normal --your body can't fight off greeblies while you're feeding it garbage.

Gentle tenderness with your kind self, my dear.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Great advice Linda:)  

Quoting LindaClement:

That sucks!

1. A week off will not 'derail' all you've worked for over the past few months. It will set you back, but not to where you were.

2. You'll feel better when you feel better, then you can continue where you left off.

3. When you're sick, it's vital that you eat even more healthfully than normal --your body can't fight off greeblies while you're feeding it garbage.

Gentle tenderness with your kind self, my dear.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Stay strong mama...get plenty of rest and feed your body with good food!  Hugs and feel better soon:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN