Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Is this normal for my period?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok I normally have normal periods but when I had my tubes clamped 2 years ago they were a bit off for the first few months then got back on track. My last 2 periods were different, I started off with VERY light spotting like a brownish color and then to a light pink and it be like this for the first 2 days then day 3 I would have a somewhat normal flow but again color is a pinkish color and by the end of day 3 my period stopped. Now my next period wasn't expected until Nov.12 but on Nov 10 I started getting spotting again,same color again and on monday my blood this time was a darker brown almost a black color. The next day it was still a bit dark but started lightening up to a light red (pinkish) and now today my period is just the odd spotting here. I have never had this problem before my periods usually lasted about 5 days and my flow was normal. I could probably wear the same pad all day thats how little I am bleeding but I change it every time. So I was wondering if this is normal for my periods if not what could it be?

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

That can totally be your new normal.  But, if you're worried, I'd check with the doctor.

mp3mom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

IMO, I'd put a call in to my doctor. It could be you're starting the change? I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=abnormal+periods

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Consult your dr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM
That's how mine always start, and sometimes that way the full period which lasts a max 4 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I agree with the comment above...we're all different, but check with your doctor if you're worried.  Hugs mama!

Melissa823
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Could you be pre-menopausal? How old are you?

Usually it's overly heavy periods that they check into (at least I thought). So, I wouldn't be overly concerned. I always call the doctor - just because I'll dwell on things if I don't.

I have been having the opposite problem and I just found out there's a polyp in my uterus - which is common - but I'll be having a DNC in 3 weeks.

reneawesley
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Call your dr. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Did you call your dr.?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Could be your age, not your past surgery...

Periods get weird as you get older.

SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

It could be any number of things, if you are concerned though talk with your doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN