Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Fruitful Santa

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

I got this from my friend.

Ingredients

1 lb large strawberries
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3-4 Tablespoons powdered sugar (or sugar substitute - to taste)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top, (enough for a hat). Clean out the whole strawberry with a paring knife, if necessary (some of them are hollow already. Prep all of the strawberries and set aside.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill the strawberries with cheesecake mixture.

3. Once strawberries are filled, top with the 'hats.' Decorate according to photo.

4. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.

Thanks, James :)

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Cute.  ODD has a nasty dairy allergy though- there is no way you can make vegan cream cheese taste like this would :P

mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM

those are ADORABLE!

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:49 AM

I saw this the other day and was talking to DH about doing it for Christmas last night! I love this idea! But I think it's odd with cream cheese. Although I can see how you need that to make sure they hold up. I suppose with the sugar making it sweet it would be yummy tho. I'm definitely trying this one out! I saw one with little round brownies, too!

SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Oh those are cute! I might have to make something like that

SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Tofutti brand, better than cream cheese

It does not taste exactly like the dairy version but once you add the sugar you probably won't even notice.

Quoting preacherskid:

Cute.  ODD has a nasty dairy allergy though- there is no way you can make vegan cream cheese taste like this would :P

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

preacherskid
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Tofutti brand, better than cream cheese

It does not taste exactly like the dairy version but once you add the sugar you probably won't even notice.

Quoting preacherskid:

Rural area.  There is one store that carries tofutti slices, and I think we are the only ones buying it.  I will have to check Amazon- I am making a "wishlist" of non dairy stuff we have to hunt for online :)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Adorable!  Thanks for sharing:)

reneawesley
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Cute

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:38 PM

those are adorable

psychobilly_mom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Too cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)