Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

L-Lysene?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you take it?

I have issues with chapped, peeling, dry lips and had a cold sore last week.  I've been taking L-lysene because it's supposed to help promote good oral health.  

If you take it, or have taken it, what are your thoughts?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suetoo
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I've never heard of it for that purpose. I just thought I'd ask if you were getting enough vit B12, and to suggest you try vit a+d ointment on your lips at bedtime. Hugs

Bleacheddecay
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM

My son takes it because he often has mouth sores. It's supposed to help but when he is stressed he still gets the sores. Still he'd rather help himself than not.

mp3mom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM
alc4evermom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I give it to my cats

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Do you take it?

I have issues with chapped, peeling, dry lips and had a cold sore last week.  I've been taking L-lysene because it's supposed to help promote good oral health.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cleanaturalady
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Yes, I do take it.  It really does cut down on the outbreaks of cold sores.  Even if you don't take it daily, if you take it them minute you feel the prodromal phase of the sore, it will lessen the severity and shorten the length of the outbreak. 

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I take a B Complex vitamin, so yes.  I also am constantly slathering stuff on my lips (vitamin e, carmex, lip gloss, etc)

Quoting suetoo:

I've never heard of it for that purpose. I just thought I'd ask if you were getting enough vit B12, and to suggest you try vit a+d ointment on your lips at bedtime. Hugs

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

What does it do for your cats?

Quoting alc4evermom:

I give it to my cats

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Do you take it?

rocky_mtn_mama
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I agree, it does help with cold sores.  Not as much as valtrex, but it does help.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Yes, I do take it.  It really does cut down on the outbreaks of cold sores.  Even if you don't take it daily, if you take it them minute you feel the prodromal phase of the sore, it will lessen the severity and shorten the length of the outbreak. 

alc4evermom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM
One of my cats has an eye virus and it Kees it from inflamming into a horrible infection. It's a herpes virus and it really does work

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

What does it do for your cats?

Quoting alc4evermom:

I give it to my cats

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Do you take it?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Nope, never heard of it to be honest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)