Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What are your thoughts when you see an obese person?

I'll be honest, I'm overweight (some might say obese) myself.  I did however lose about 85-90 lbs a few years ago, I've gained much of it back though.

After I'd lost the weight I would always think to myself, I wish that person would go with me to Weight Watchers.  Or I'd think that the person shouldn't park so close to the doors of the grocery store (or mall or wherever).  

It seemed like I'd forgotten where I'd come from, in a way.  I don't like to be judged so I always felt bad "judging" others.

What do you think when you see someone with weight issues?

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I don't think anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
What are your thoughts about a person who is thin pushing the same buggy with junk food?

What are your thoughts if the person who is overweight has a buggy full of healthy choices?

Quoting kitty8199:

Unless I'm a at a grocery store and they have a buggy full of junk, i don't think anything. If you're obese and have a cart full of coke, chips, cookies, meat, nothing healthy, i see why. I never make looks, never say anything, but know they brought it on themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I don't either...I'm usually in my own world trying to deal with my son and making sure he isn't doing anything inappropriate in public...like burping and farting...no joke!  He thinks those are hilarious and I'm always embarrassed!  LOL!

This may seem kind of selfish, but usually I'm on the other end of the spectrum...worried about what other people think of me as they see Brady...a child who is 4 years old, acting like a baby, with a blanket and pacifier a lot of the time, etc.  I'm usually concerned with being judged by others that I don't even think about how others look...

Quoting mypbandj:

I don't think anything.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

That's an unfair statement...they brought it on themselves?  You don't know that for sure until you live their lives.

Quoting kitty8199:

Unless I'm a at a grocery store and they have a buggy full of junk, i don't think anything. If you're obese and have a cart full of coke, chips, cookies, meat, nothing healthy, i see why. I never make looks, never say anything, but know they brought it on themselves.

DieselsMom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:53 AM

When I see someone overweight, I think "cute shoes"

Basherte
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly I notice how a person is dressed.

I'm not a thin person and have never been. I was raised (and it was pounded into my head) that a person should dress for their size. Whether they be a size 2 or a size 22.  Instead of trying to fit in to smaller clothing. 

It looks better to dress for the size you are. 

I don't judge people based on their size. I try and usually succeed in not judging people at all.  I've complimented many people. I've seen quite a few women that looked really good. I know I probably freaked them out, but I've gone up to them and said. I love your outfit! You look really beautiful. 

Aishamusty
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Don't judge out loud but I always think omG isn't she scared of instant death

kitty8199
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM
That they're eating junk. Of obese had healthy food of think they cared about their health

Quoting mypbandj:

What are your thoughts about a person who is thin pushing the same buggy with junk food?

What are your thoughts if the person who is overweight has a buggy full of healthy choices?

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1980
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Most I pay no attion to. But my mil who lives with me I think quite eating all the junk that you do. You don't need a whole container of rice pudding in one sitting per day. Or a whole box of teddy grams.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Why?  <- That is always my first thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN