Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I saw this on my FB time line and was like "aawww poor onion" LOL

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Love your countdown to nap time. Lol. I will check. Thanks.

Quoting Basherte:

It does work. I don't cry at home with onions anymore either. I use onions a lot. Not in the past couple of weeks. Normally, I use about 6 onions in a week. Differing sizes.

The way we were taught to slice an onion also helps. You use less strokes of the knife. 

I'd have to look up a video of it though. Try youtube. If you don't find one, I'll see if I can find one when my son goes up for a nap in 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Interesting

Quoting Basherte:

Sharpen your knives.

We cry because the juice is flung back on us from the knives that we are using not actually slicing the onion but kinda squishing it. 

Sharpen the knives, and steel them as well to get off the burs of metal on the sharp edge. 

It will keep you from crying. I used to hate chopping onions, I would put a wet washcloth over my eyes and stick my head in the freezer for the longest time. I went to culinary school and ever since then I have yet to cry again. All because I steel my blades before use, and I keep them sharpened.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

hahahahahah!!!!!! well i kind of sob when i cut onions. so bad that i plan recipes ahead of time and make dh chop them and put them in a tupperware for all my meals for the week so that i don't have to do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

that is funny...=)

Basherte
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Thanks. I have a sinus issue. I hardly ever have sinus pressure or pain. It's worse than the migraines I normally get. I'm not feeling well. Cold or something, plus my period. Plus the sinus thing. . . I'm a big ball of mess and misery right now. Don't even want to be awake. But I have to make lunch and put my son down for a nap before I can do anything for myself.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting Basherte:

It does work. I don't cry at home with onions anymore either. I use onions a lot. Not in the past couple of weeks. Normally, I use about 6 onions in a week. Differing sizes.

The way we were taught to slice an onion also helps. You use less strokes of the knife. 

I'd have to look up a video of it though. Try youtube. If you don't find one, I'll see if I can find one when my son goes up for a nap in 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Interesting

Quoting Basherte:

Sharpen your knives.

We cry because the juice is flung back on us from the knives that we are using not actually slicing the onion but kinda squishing it. 

Sharpen the knives, and steel them as well to get off the burs of metal on the sharp edge. 

It will keep you from crying. I used to hate chopping onions, I would put a wet washcloth over my eyes and stick my head in the freezer for the longest time. I went to culinary school and ever since then I have yet to cry again. All because I steel my blades before use, and I keep them sharpened.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

hahahahahah!!!!!! well i kind of sob when i cut onions. so bad that i plan recipes ahead of time and make dh chop them and put them in a tupperware for all my meals for the week so that i don't have to do it.

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM

i'm the same way right now. ugh. whatever is going around is nasty!! and i'm waiting for my period so i'm pms too. yuck!

Quoting Basherte:

Thanks. I have a sinus issue. I hardly ever have sinus pressure or pain. It's worse than the migraines I normally get. I'm not feeling well. Cold or something, plus my period. Plus the sinus thing. . . I'm a big ball of mess and misery right now. Don't even want to be awake. But I have to make lunch and put my son down for a nap before I can do anything for myself.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Interesting

Quoting Basherte:

Sharpen your knives.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Basherte
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Thankfully PMS is one thing I don't get. 

Also, thankfully, my period usually only lasts like 3 days with a day of spotting each month. 

But feeling like I'm in labor for 3 days isn't fun.

I'm gonna pass out on the couch and hope and pray my son doesn't decide to use me as a trampoline. Hubby is awake, and can watch our son if I do actually fall asleep on the couch.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i'm the same way right now. ugh. whatever is going around is nasty!! and i'm waiting for my period so i'm pms too. yuck!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Interesting

Quoting Basherte:

Sharpen your knives.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

lol

Schleetle
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM
lol... They don't make my eyes water though, is that weird?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cleanaturalady
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Haha.  That made me actually lol. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Where do you buy GOOD knives?  I've been through so many dang knives, it's not even funny. 

Quoting Basherte:

Sharpen your knives.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM

No, be thankful.  I wish my eyes didn't water.

Quoting Schleetle:

lol... They don't make my eyes water though, is that weird?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)