Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

help! i'm in an exercise rut!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 11 Replies

i'm bored with the exercise videos i've been doing: a Biggest Loser dvd and Jillan Michaels 30 Day Shred.

can anyone reccomend some good exercise videos or routines for me to try? i think i just need to try something new!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Jillian Michaels has a lot of good workout DVDs...Ripped in 30 is a good one and it's harder than 30 Day Shred.  Another good one is Killer Buns and Thighs.  Bob Harper has some good ones too!  Good luck mama!

jhslove
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I like the Winsor Pilates series......they're all good, but the Ab Sculpting one and the Buns/Thighs one are both my favorites. They're 20 minutes each, but they're both HARD and very effective. When I was really on top of it, I used to do them back-to-back three times a week. The good thing is, once you do them a few times, you memorize the exercises and you don't even need the DVD--you can do them in the evenings while watching TV, etc. I'm trying to get back into the groove.....they've been collecting dust on my shelf since I started my second trimester.

My sister, who is in WAY better shape than I am, does their super-hard one (I think it's called Advanced Body Sculpting). I can't do that one--it's too hard for me. But if you can, all the more power to you! She looks awesome.   :)

getfitnekia
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I'm currently doing Beachbody's program Brazil Butt Lift, and in the past I've done 10-Minute Trainer which is created by Tony Horton who did P90X and also did Turbo Fire. Between the two programs I lost 60 lbs - I'm so confident in their programs and products I signed on to be a Beachbody Coach!!

Basherte
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

How about getting outside? Just for a little bit. 

Unless it's cold there. Then ummm.. I don't know. I've never used a video except for richard simmons. Because while I don't like him, I like his sweating to the oldies video. It's fun.

Or get a dvd of some dance moves. Learn a new dance. My brother lost a huge amount of weight just going out to clubs and dancing for a few hours a couple times a week. Sweat a lot while dancing, and the dancing itself is a good work out. 

Or make a "dance club" in your own home a few nights a week and dance all you want. Until you are sweaty. 

Just ideas. Don't know if they will help or not. 

SabrinaLC
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I'm currently doing Brazil Butt Lift.  A couple months ago I did Insanity.  

I've done Leslie Sansone Walk At Home videos also.

I use to use my Wii for working out.  Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy was a pretty good choice

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I love Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. Ripped in 30 is good too.

And I like Tae Bo.  And Netflix used to have this 10 minutes solutions Kickbox Bootcamp and it was my FAVORITE! I don't know if it's still on there.

I had to quit DVD workouts because of my hips but I love those ^  :)

Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Yupe, check out Tiffany Rothe videos on YouTube.  She really has some funky beats and "shake your butt" moves that will totally awaken your senses.

mp3mom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

All of these are great ideas!

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM
You've gotten some great ideas, I just wanted to wish you luck.
alysson99
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Netflix instant play has so many videos, maybe you could sign up for a free subscription (normally 2 weeks to a month) to try some out if you don't have it. The library is also a good place to find new stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)