Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP FOR DD(7) NASAL CONGESTION

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 16 Replies
My 7 year old daughter has allergies ( both to food and environment ). She has really bad nasal congestion right now and I really want to look for a more natural approach. If I take her to the Dr. they are just going to put her on nasonex. Any help would be very appreciated, it breaks my heart to hear her sniffing all day long and Im even more concerned about her having chronic inflammation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM
If you think she can handle it a netti pot would be great. Otherwise a saline spray is good. A daily dose of local raw honey is also awesome for allergies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Saline spray was my answer as well.. when my nose or my kids nose are really stuffy I get some wet papertowel and put them in my nose.. long enough so it can be pulled back out..

Mommyx2BG
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Thank you ladies! As for the honey, do you know how much?
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I agree with the saline.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Has she seen anyone about her diet? Could be be gluten/dairy/soy, etc sensitivities?  I know allot of people suffer from those things and it's over looked for years and once those  things are eliminated, they feel 100% better.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Ohhh and The  Ultimate Meal is really good for allergy/sinus relief (among it's many other wonders).  It's not cheap to buy, however it's worth the investment and it's something the whole family can take.

Momforhealth
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Cook with ginger for inflammation. We like iced green tea too.
Have you ever gone to see an allergist? Bathing before bed and washing hair helps. Changing pillowcase every few days. Washing sheets in hot weekly. Vacuum bedroom under dressers and bed. Keep windows closed.
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:37 PM

One really effective way to thin secretions is to increase salt and water intake.

One way to reduce excretions is sage --it works fast!

mp3mom
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Hi, I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=natural+remedies+for+nasal+congestion

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Yep, sinus rinses are THE best!  My son has Cystic Fibrosis along with other medical issues, and those work wonders!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)