Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

i have lost 110lbs and..

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 36 Replies
3 moms liked this
I just found out I am expecting baby number 2! I was hoping to wait until February or March to conceive but we're very happy with this pregnancy.

I started my journey to a new healthy lifestyle last June. I weighed 297. I now weigh 187. While I am not where I want to be I am at least 100lbs less than when I got pregnant with my now 3yr old DD. I am looking to stay active and healthy during this pregnancy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Congratulations!!! On losing so much weight (how'd you do it?) and on getting pregnant (I know how that part works though LOL).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aecklar813
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I use a website called www.myfitnesspal.com
they also have an app. You put in all your info and it gives you a calorie allotment to stay within each day to lose the amount of weight you want to lose weekly. That on top of all different types of exercise have gotten me where I am now. I have learned a lot on this journey as well. Plus I have learned to love foods I never would have thought of before.

I added friends on MFP and its like getting on facebook. You see a newsfeed from your friends and you can comment.

I just log my food and exercise and socialize. It has been the key to my weight loss.

Quoting mypbandj:

Congratulations!!! On losing so much weight (how'd you do it?) and on getting pregnant (I know how that part works though LOL).

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Congrats on both!!! Just want to encourage you to nit worry about weight gain while prego. Continue on your healthy path and you may not even gain anything. It happens alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aecklar813
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Thank you! I will try to not worry about the weight gain. It'll be hard for me. I am just going to keep staying active and eating healthy. With my last pregnancy I wasn't even exercising or paying attention to what I was eating and I only gained about 10lbs. I just want to be healthy throughout this pregnancy.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Congrats on both!!! Just want to encourage you to nit worry about weight gain while prego. Continue on your healthy path and you may not even gain anything. It happens alot.

EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM

you will be fine. just remember you don't eat for two. just 300 extra calories. and remember to not do anything more active than what you are already used to. you might even lose weight. it happens to some women who are overweight and then are healthy during their pregnancy. any way it works the goal is a healthy baby and a healthy mommy.

Quoting aecklar813:

Thank you! I will try to not worry about the weight gain. It'll be hard for me. I am just going to keep staying active and eating healthy. With my last pregnancy I wasn't even exercising or paying attention to what I was eating and I only gained about 10lbs. I just want to be healthy throughout this pregnancy.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

aecklar813
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I was doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels when I found out I was pregnant but I stopped doing that because of all the jumpin and ab work. Yesterday I hopped on the elliptical for about 16 mins twice. I paced myself nicely. I am going to look for some prenatal yoga dvds or something at the library. Since I am not due until August I will be doing lots of walking when the warmer weather hits. I feel like I handled my weight nicely with the last pregnancy without even trying so this pregnancy I should be able to be a lot healthier since I have learned much more.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

you will be fine. just remember you don't eat for two. just 300 extra calories. and remember to not do anything more active than what you are already used to. you might even lose weight. it happens to some women who are overweight and then are healthy during their pregnancy. any way it works the goal is a healthy baby and a healthy mommy.

Quoting aecklar813:

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Congrats on the weight loss and the baby! (=

mp3mom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. Great attitude! Congratulations, too :)

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, double congratulations to you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aecklar813
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Thank you all for the kind words and support!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN