Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Shampoo?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Jen
  • 18 Replies

What kind of shampoo do you use? Or do you no poo

These last few weeks I've considered doing the no poo method basically b/c I can't seem to hang on to my regular shampoo! It all started out when we had some house guests and I wanted to make sure they had enough shampoo to use. I took the shampoo out of my shower (I'm the only one that uses my shower) and put it in the kids bathroom (also the guest bathroom). And then I planned on buying myself some more. Well, I forgot. 

I kept forgeting for several days. Finally, I got to Sams Club and just picked up a bottle. The next day in my shower, I was upset to realize that I hadn't even bought shampoo at all. it was CONDITIONER! ugg. Back to the drawing board.......trying to remember to buy some freakin' shampoo!

I finally got some and decided to take it w/ us on our trip for Thanksgiving. Everything was great until I got home and realized the next day, while in my shower, that I had LEFT MY SHAMPOO IN ST. LOUIS!!!! You have got to me kdding me. Geez. 

So......after a few days later, I made myself go to the store with the express purpose of buying SHAMPOO! Got it. Came home, put it in my shower. 

This morning, I went to wash my hair and found that I had done it again. It wasn't shampoo at all. It was FREAKIN' CONDITIONER AGAIN!!!!! Holy freakn' cow. 

I just took that damn conditioner back to the store and exchanged it for shampoo - I wasn't keeping it b/c we all know I have enough of the stuff already. Now the shampoo is sitting on my kitchen counter. I only hope I can remember to get it into my shower before tomorrow morning. LOL

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stefanie83
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM

LOL I just use whatever. I never stick to a certain kind.  I don't think I could ever have the patience to wean myself off of shampoo but I'd love to hear how it goes if you try!  I known some in the FB crunchy moms group are no poo-ers.

CrazedMomof2
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I no pood for a couple weeks but my hair got pretty blah. I think because I workout so much and sweat a ton. IDK. I may try it again. The first week was okay when I wasnt working out.

mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, that's where I first heard of it! (I haven't been in that group forever! LOL). 

I'm not really serious abou the no poo. I love my shampoo....love the bubbles....love the scent. I'm not switching. I just can't beleive how forgetful I am lately. LOL

Quoting Stefanie83:

LOL I just use whatever. I never stick to a certain kind.  I don't think I could ever have the patience to wean myself off of shampoo but I'd love to hear how it goes if you try!  I known some in the FB crunchy moms group are no poo-ers.

Vertical15
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I use whatever is on sale and I have coupons for.  Currently I have a decent stash of John Freida.

I can't use the 2 in 1 types because I have VERY oily hair and thats why I shy away from no poo-ing.  I don't want to deal with those first weeks of oily grossness.  My hair is so oily its usually greasy in the evening if I shower erly in the morning.  I blame my Dad who has the same problem!  I can only put conditioner on the ends and thats really just to make it easier to brush!

cleanaturalady
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I did the no-poo for a couple of years.  It worked great, you just have to get through the early stage of transition that your hair goes through. 

Here's a link to my blog I did about my experience.  I went back to regular shampoo when I had a corneal ulcer and I was terrified of getting acv in my eye.  Not sure why I thought shampoo in the eye would be better, but that was my thought at the time.  I really wish I had never quit. 

http://cleanaturalady.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-no-poo-shampoo-odessy.html

mp3mom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Too funny, Jen. 

wink

ladysharon72
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Kinky curly and natural hair products sometimes use Cream of Nature
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liquidvelvet
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I use Wen and love it!

mp3mom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I just read the "no poo"; a couple of years ago about half my hair fell out, no one really knows why, it could have been a med, IDK, but literally so. My daughter actually asked if I'd cut my hair there was so much in the trash. Anyway, I started to not shampoo but maybe once a week; I bought PppSsssTtttt. Remember that? Of course that was after I bought the BedHead version for 3 times the price. It's basically cornstarch. I don't think I could use vinegar on my hair due to smell. Baking soda will remove chlorine from hair more efficiently than what you can get OTC. I like the smell of Pantene. I still only wash 1-2 times per week. My hubby actually said my hair looked nice last night... it was a wash day, lol.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM

You crack me up Jen!  LOL!  I use different stuff...depending on what's on sale!  LOL!  From Pantene to Garnier to whatever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)