Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Bladder pain?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM
  • 13 Replies

I hope I don't have a bladder infection.  I have bladder pain and feel like I can't finish peeing.  I am going to get some cranberry juice and maybe some cranberry pills.  Any other advice?  I'm going to make an appt at my gyno for next week if it's not better then.  I have my period right now and really dont want to go in yet, though the pain is worse today than yesterday.

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Period or not, I would probably go in today if I were you.   You should just have to pee in a cup, and UTI's can spread pretty quickly.  Aside from the cranberry stuff, make sure you drink plenty of water.   I hope you feel better soon.

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Agreed!!

Quoting Krysden:

Period or not, I would probably go in today if I were you.   You should just have to pee in a cup, and UTI's can spread pretty quickly.  Aside from the cranberry stuff, make sure you drink plenty of water.   I hope you feel better soon.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Lots and lots of water.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Also, you may find a lukewarm bath with plain epsom salts gives you relief, too...

chrisnjoesmom
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Krysden:

Thanks.  The pain got worse so I finally went in.  I have a UTI.  Got some antibiotics.

musicpisces
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM

My first thought is bladder infection.  Depending on your doctor, you might be able to call them and have them get you a prescription for antibiotics.  Cranberry juice (make sure it's pure- no added sugars) can help alleviate symptoms, but definitely won't clear up an infection.  Blueberry juice can help as well.  You can take an anti-inflammatory (like ibuprofen AKA Motrin or naproxen sodium, AKA Aleve) to alleviate the pain some.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

musicpisces
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Just saw your response.  Glad you got it taken care of!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mp3mom
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM

You could have a urinary tract infection, or kidney infection; I'd see my doctoe, IMO.

seaturtle1
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Garlic pills are suppose to be natures antibiotics.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting Krysden:

Thanks.  The pain got worse so I finally went in.  I have a UTI.  Got some antibiotics.

I'm glad you got into see the doc & hope your antibiotics are already helping you feel better. (=

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN