Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Being held accountable

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
I always tend gain a bit of weight over the holidays. Since Thanksgivings I am up about 2 - 3 lbs, which I fully intend to loose. I thought it might me helpful if we post our weights daily (or weekly?) and help each other stay healthy and accountable to someone. What do you guys think? Are you in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I think staying accountable to someone is a great idea!  I'm more than happy to post a weekly weigh in post for those who choose to weigh in and post their weight:)  There's also another group called Healthy Weight Loss that you can check out for more support too:)

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I am not so much looking to loose weight (other than the couple of lbs I gained over the past holiday). I looking more at not gaining. I am a for a weight post if others are on board.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I think staying accountable to someone is a great idea!  I'm more than happy to post a weekly weigh in post for those who choose to weigh in and post their weight:)  There's also another group called Healthy Weight Loss that you can check out for more support too:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Sounds good:)  I can post it on Fridays if you like or whatever day you think is good...I like Fridays:)  

Quoting rfurlongg:

I am not so much looking to loose weight (other than the couple of lbs I gained over the past holiday). I looking more at not gaining. I am a for a weight post if others are on board.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

rfurlongg
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good :-). Thank you!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Sounds good:)  I can post it on Fridays if you like or whatever day you think is good...I like Fridays:)  

Quoting rfurlongg:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! I hope that it helps you. I'm not posting my weight. LOL

Alyson121
by Alyson on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My weekly weigh ins are depressing because my scale doesn't move the way i THINK it should.  However, i know i 'm  losing fat because the  inches are coming off.  I do better at posting the food i ate vs weighing in.

mp3mom
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL... not I.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:26 AM

These ladies are right...there are more ways to measure your progress than the scale...the way your clothes fit, the way you feel, etc.  For the record, I won't post my weight either:)

SabrinaLC
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I gained 2-3 lbs over Thanksgiving and my weight is still up 1.5 of those pounds.  The holidays can be hard on our waistbands because it's a lot of high calorie delicious food being served up!

If you think that a weigh in post would help you out then I think you should do it!

cleanaturalady
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I shouldn't be, but I am ashamed of my weight and the fact that it hasn't changed in almost a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN