Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh... headache 4 days in a row!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

I'm really getting tired of this... I know it's partly hormones and partly due to barometric pressure changes but still... it's getting ridiculous.  :(

I've taken ibuprofen & sudafed but they don't touch it.  I've taken Imotrex, and that works but takes aobut an hour & a half and then when it wears off the headache comes back.  I can't take anything with aspirin and don't have anyone here to help me massage my neck which would help.

Any other ideas to help me get over this week full of headaches?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cleanaturalady
by Kim on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Peppermint and lavender essential oil.  Mix a couple of drops of each with a small (1/8 tsp) carrier oil and massage that into the area where the headache is.  You can also lie down in a darkish quiet room with a cold pack on your forehead (I have a freezable rice pack that I use, it doesn't get too cold to stand and it doesn't melt).  Avoid heat packs or anything that expands the blood vessels, because that's what can cause migraines.  Caffeine sometimes helps, because it is a vessel constrictor. 

As horrible as it sounds, I avoid taking any OTC medications for the headaches, because that can cause a rebound effect.  I literally had one long headache for over a year before I found out that piece of information.  If you can just ride it out it shouldn't last more than 3 days.

Good luck, mama.  I feel your pain. 

CrazedMomof2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM

More water works for me..........

mp3mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Ask your Dr; there are other meds available.

bshoemaker
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Have you had your blood pressure checked lately? Sometimes prolonged headaches can be caused by high blood pressure.

Phillymama123
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Caffiene and excedrin migraine (which also has caffiene).  Then rest in a dark room.  I have chronic headaches too...they suck!

Beth3721
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Go to a chiropractor!  I was so reluctant to go.  After years of suffering from severe back pain and headaches I broke down and went.  It has changed everything.  I truly couldn't remember what a day without pain was like until now.  I've been going for about 2 months. I have also been on 3 different high blood pressure medication for 3 years that hasn't helped one bit.  Now I have the bp of a normal,healthy person.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Have you found any relief yet?

reneawesley
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Hope you redoing better.

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Long hot showers, nice quiet nap, a diet coke and Motrin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I've had slightly headaches this week too.  I think i'm detoxing.  I've been taking magnesium powder and eating bananas.  It's REALLY helped.  Also, i ate a plate of some living food pasta i made and my headache pretty much disappeared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)