Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Gluten

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone here allergic or intolerant to gluten? I just found out on Monday that I am and am struggling with it. I have lists of what to avoid but about what what I don't have to avoid. It sucks!! I can't seem to find yummy food that is not full of gluten.

If you have any tips, advice and suggestions you can share on foods, recipes, etc. that coincide with a gluten free diet I would greatly appreciate it. If you have easy, inexpensive and quick recipes I'm all for that.

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
1TimeMomma28
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have intolerance issues to gluten. 

First I have to tell you that while yes it's hard to adjust, it's so worth it. sooner or later, you'll realize that your body feels and does so much better without gluten. 

Second, I've stayed away from a lot of things, even the gluten free versions, as they are empty calories anyways. I stay with protiens, veggies, fruits, legumes. 

I love one pot wonders, as I call them. 

Do a meat of your choice, then add one of the following: wild rice, quinoa, legume. Then add your choice of veggies, diced. Stir fry it with some good fats, like seseame oil, coconut oil. Sprinkle some seseame seeds on it. Splash some gluten free soy sauce on it, and I'm heaven! I could live off of this stuff. 

Melissa823
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

The Target brand soy sauce is gluten free and only 1.82!

Quoting 1TimeMomma28:

First I have to tell you that while yes it's hard to adjust, it's so worth it. sooner or later, you'll realize that your body feels and does so much better without gluten. 

Second, I've stayed away from a lot of things, even the gluten free versions, as they are empty calories anyways. I stay with protiens, veggies, fruits, legumes. 

Do a meat of your choice, then add one of the following: wild rice, quinoa, legume. Then add your choice of veggies, diced. Stir fry it with some good fats, like seseame oil, coconut oil. Sprinkle some seseame seeds on it. Splash some gluten free soy sauce on it, and I'm heaven! I could live off of this stuff. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I don't have experience with this but wish you the best!

mp3mom
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Welcome! Check out our Recipe Folder at the top; you'll find a lot of things!

SabrinaLC
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I recommend finding a cook book and start eating from there.  It'll make things easier because as long as you're following the ingredients in the book you should be getting gluten free.

A big change in diet can be tough at first but as time goes on it will get easier, especially if you are cooking at home a lot.

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I do that with chicken, rice and then a veggie. It's my homemade ckn fried rice! It's very good!!

Quoting 1TimeMomma28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN