Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

hyperthyroidism?

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so my drs office called with my results from a thyroid test a couple days ago and the results say thyroid is high. Does that automatically mean I have hyperthyroidism? Or is it possible to get these results and it be nothing? I can't get back in to the drs until the second of January...and I don't want to go google crazy and freak myself out :( any info would be appreciated :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenmom530
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Was your TSH levels high? I had a hyperthyroid with multiple nodules and goiter thyroid. My TSH levels were .003. Basically nothing. A low TSH level indicates hyper and a high TSH indicates hypo. It's confusing.

greenmom530
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Oh and I had it completely removed back in June and levels went way up to 6.79 and eventually lowered to normal range after 2 months on levothyroxine. 

starreyedcutie
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I won't know the details until the second

Quoting greenmom530:

Was your TSH levels high? I had a hyperthyroid with multiple nodules and goiter thyroid. My TSH levels were .003. Basically nothing. A low TSH level indicates hyper and a high TSH indicates hypo. It's confusing.

Amanda52007
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Without the details, you can't know.

Thyroidisms are so freaking confusing! It depends in what exactly the levels are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Oh really? Could it be simple to fix? I know they aren't crazy off because the nurse that read me the results said the Dr didn't put a urgent message in there like it was something I need to be seen for right away

Quoting Amanda52007:

Without the details, you can't know.

Thyroidisms are so freaking confusing! It depends in what exactly the levels are.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM

I honestly have no idea...hugs and good luck mama!

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I don't know... but the 2nd will be here before you know it.  Good Luck

starreyedcutie
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Quoting Krysden:

I don't know... but the 2nd will be here before you know it.  Good Luck

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My husband has hyperthyroidism - his thyroid basically does not work at all. Anyway, after his blood test, he had another appointment to come in go over the results but since his thyroid wasn't working, they called him the same day they got the results and made him begin medication that same day. 

If your numbers were too high, I'm assuming that's hypothyroidism and something different. I don't really know anything about that. 

avcfitness
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Hi!  I have hyperthyroidism and my TSH was very low. I know others said that a high reading indicates hypothyroidism, which is true. I know it's so hard to wait. My levels were really low and my PCP didn't want to start me on medicine without seeing anEndocrinologist first. The waiting was so hard. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)